The Interview that Sells Your Potential
- Learn how to present and market yourself throughout the interview process
- Find out how to approach competency based questions
- Understand the difference between video interviews and face-to-face interviews
- Get ready to tackle tough interview questions
- Prepare for common interview questions
The Complete Interview Guide
The importance of preparation cannot be overstated. As well as boosting your confidence, it will help you to present your best self.
Interviewers frequently test a candidate's preparation to see how enthusiastic they are about the role and the company. Thorough preparation demonstrates to them that you’re serious about the job. In this chapter, we show you how to prepare for success.
Find out how to:
- Effectively prepare for an interview
- Make sure you're ready on the day of the interview
- Maximise the first 5 minutes of an interview
- Address common interview questions
- Avoid common interview mistakes
- Thrive on video interviews
Top tips on how to achieve interview success
With Vorubsorn Pongsiribanyat, Associate Director
Robert Walters Thailand
- Research thoroughly. Don't just look at the company website, take time to read press releases, annual reports, evaluate competitors and familiarise yourself with the interviewer
- Prepare plenty of questions in advance and focus only on questions to do with the business and role at this stage
- First impressions are very important, plan ahead and be prepared
How to answer the most common difficult interview questions
With Natiya Saul, Director, Robert Walters Thailand and
Silvia Quirino, Manager, Robert Walters Vietnam
- Thinking about potential difficult interview questions beforehand can help the interview run smoothly and help you stand out against the competition
- Some of the most difficult questions are very common, pushing interviewees to think creatively, strategically and critically
- Apply your interview answers to the job description
- Demonstrate relevant job skills and experiences in your answers
- Consider your long-term career goals and how this move will help you achieve your goals
Download the most common interview questions and how to tackle them. Start practising for your next interview today!
How to answer
With Yen Nguyen, Manager
Robert Walters Vietnam
- Address competency questions as if you're telling a very focused story. Employers use these questions to distinguish if you'll be a good company fit
- Use these questions as an opportunity to differentiate yourself – stand out and be memorable (for the right reasons)
- Prepare, prepare, prepare
- Read the job requirement thoroughly in advance of the interview and highlight keywords
- Think of challenging scenarios you were faced within the workplace and give examples of how you overcame them
- Relax and be yourself
Is video part of your application process?
Learn how to stand out when asked to complete a video
A good quality and memorable video interview can increase your employability by up to 40%!
In today's remote working world, video interview will continue to be a requirement from businesses looking to hire, and more often we are seeing clients request video as part of the application process, including pre-determined question. Being prepared and knowing how to get this right is absolutely crucial to your interview success.
Interview advice articles
6 ways to impress in your next senior interviewPreparing for a managerial interview? Here’s how to get it right.