Head of Sales & Marketing (Commodity Trading)
Salary Market Aligned
Consultant Indri Novita
Date posted 01 February 2023jakarta sales/sales-product 2023-02-16 2023-04-02 sales Jakarta ID Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.id https://www.robertwalters.co.id/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
An exciting Head of Sales & Marketing (Commodity Trading) job has become available at a multinational commodity trading firm.
About the Head of Sales & Marketing (Commodity Trading) Role:
The Head of Sales & Marketing (Commodity Trading) will drive growth and market development activities and logistics in line with the company’s agreed marketing objectives and strategies. The role is also responsible for ensuring that additional volumes of commodity sales planned for the Indonesian market from the new opencast coal mine is fully contracted for by the time the project is commissioned.
- Develop and execute strategies and tactics to drive new business with current and prospective clients. This should be in the form of a marketing plan that is linked with company strategy
- Actively solicit new accounts and relationships within the Indonesian market and abroad
- Research, analyse and assess customer needs, usage levels, and supply programmes
- Track market trends (pricing, production capacities and market inventories, etc.) and establish a responsive pricing system that enables the company to be agile in competitive pricing
- Negotiate and conclude spot and long-term contracts with key traders and customers
- Work closely with multiple stakeholders within the sales value chain (mine planning and logistics provider) to optimise commercial value
- Develop and implement commercial solutions to deal with unplanned production and supply chain variability, to mitigate potential sales and/or revenue value loss
- Develop and maintain logistical solutions for transporting product
- Continually build strong customer relations and achieve outstanding customer satisfaction
- Manage any ad hoc duties as assigned
To succeed in this Head of Sales & Marketing (Commodity Trading) role, you must be able to sell commodities (coal, nickel) from multiple sources with varied qualities.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience with mining or commodity trading firms
- Extensive understanding of the Indonesian mines, commodity market and its players
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills both in English and Bahasa Indonesia
- Strong network and connections within the mining sector (coal/nickel/sand and stone)
- Must be hands-on and agile, able to work independently or in a team
- Must be able to immediately get the ground running
- Experienced in leading and manages a team
- Self-driven, highly motivated and able to strategise in order to achieve target
- Based in Jakarta and willing to travel
Headquartered in Singapore, this dynamic company will offer you a wide range of opportunities. They have the people and ethos to act with speed, innovation, enterprise and creativity.
If you fulfil all of the requirements above and can get the ground running, great career progression opportunities awaits for the right person in this exciting Head of Sales & Marketing (Commodity Trading) role.
Apply today or contact me to discuss this new opportunity.
Due to the high volume of applications we are experiencing, our team will only be in touch with you if your application is shortlisted.
Get in touch
+62 21 29651520
Salary: Excellent PackageLocation: JakartaDate posted: 23 February 2023A strategic Head of Sales Operation job has become available at one of the biggest international education organisations.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: JakartaDate posted: 17 February 2023An exciting Head of Sales (Warehouse Services) job opportunity has become available at one of the leading logistics companies.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: JakartaDate posted: 06 February 2023An excellent Head of EEV and New Business job has just become available at a very well known life insurance company in Jakarta, Indonesia.
Salary: Attractive PackageLocation: JakartaDate posted: 25 January 2023A Business Manager (Personal Care - Chemical) job has just opened up at a multinational chemicals company.
Salary: Attractive PackageLocation: JakartaDate posted: 21 March 2023A new and challenging Business Development Manager (EPC) job has just opened up at a multinational engineering and consulting company.