Head of Retail Operations (Pharmacy Chain)
Consultant Melvern Iskandar
Date posted 30 January 2019 2019-01-302019-03-31 retail Jakarta ID IDR 20000000 25000000 25000000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.id
A new Head of Retail Operations job in Jakarta has just become available at a leading pharmacy chain in Indonesia.
About the Head of Retail Operations (Pharmacy Chain) role:
In this role, you will be responsible for contributing to the development, implementation, monitoring and review of a business strategy that maximises the retail net profit by driving sales and controlling costs at regional level; to build motivated and high performing teams through the effective leadership and line management to retail staff.
- Works with the Managing Director and other Heads of Function to influence the creation and communication of company strategy, business priorities and targets for the shop managers and ensures there are systems in place to enable the shop managers to receive the information in a timely manner
- Generates ideas about future retail activities to ensure a cutting edge strategy; maintains up to date knowledge of the market place, competitors and trends
- Influences and supports the retail element of the annual budget process ensuring understanding and buy in from the operations team.
- Takes decisions on matters relating to the day to day retail operation within their defined work area
including the strategic planning of resources
- Translates the strategic goals into retail operational plans to achieve the required targeted growth in sales and profit; identifies and optimises promotional opportunities ensuring these are coordinated with wider promotions and campaigns
- Ensures all new shop proposals meet the required return on sales prior to submitting any
recommendations to the Managing Director; all new shop locations must be visited to ensure they will trade effectively and meet the proposed budgets
- Takes a lead role in building a strong sales management culture with the operations team; spends
time coaching Store Managers, identifying skills and opportunities for development; provides
advice and guidance on shop manager issues when needed.
- Recruits, trains and develops staff ensuring adherence to HR systems and procedures
- Maintains and constantly develops innovative and cost effective stock generation; monitors stock
weekly to achieve bottom line sales budget against monthly targets
To succeed in this Head of Retail Operations (Pharmacy Chain) role, you should have extensive and relevant business experience.
- Bachelor's degree, ideally in Business or related
- Extensive business experience including relevant multi site gained within the retail shop sector
- Experienced in managing relationships at a senior level and managing a diverse (in terms of skill base and experience) team of people.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate leadership capabilities
- Proactive, driven and results-oriented
- Detail-oriented and organised
- Have strong resilience to thrive in a high-performing culture
This pharmacy chain has an outstanding reputation in its field and great value is placed on training and development. The work environment is full of creativity, innovation, freedom, and opportunities which make it an excellent place to grow your career.
If you are keen on the above Head of Retail Operations (Pharmacy Chain) opportunity, please apply directly or call me for a confidential discussion.