GM Technical Sales (Instrumentation)
Salary Market Aligned
Location Central JakartaFULL_TIME
Consultant Gerry Gerry
Date posted 25 May 2023jakarta sales/business-development 2023-05-25 2023-07-24 engineering Central Jakarta ID Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.id https://www.robertwalters.co.id/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
A GM Technical Sales (Instrumentation) job has just opened up at a multinational lab instrument distributor.
About the GM Technical Sales (Instrumentation) Role:
Rreporting to the MD of Technology, the GM Technical Sales (Instrumentation) role leads the instrumentation business unit.
- Oversee and manage departmental operating budgets and costs according to annual allocation to ensure efficient usage of resources
- Formulate technical sales strategies and oversee the development and implementation of short- and long-term sales plans to achieve sales targets for assigned businesses/territories
- Assign businesses/territories and establish budgets. Formulate key performance indicators and ensure tracking mechanisms are in place to support the achievement of team key performance indicators
- Drive sales activities related to key customers. Introduce new/improved strategies and plans based on anticipated changing markets and trends
- Oversee pricing, discounts and contract negotiations with key customers to facilitate sales agreements and achieve targeted margins
- Anticipate competitors' go-to-market strategies/plans. Drive new/enhanced product solutions to best address customer needs
- Provide direction on sales forecasting and reporting processes/activities. Strategise customer base expansion based on effectiveness of sales strategies/plans
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement on sales processes, sales plans, customer satisfaction, etc. to improve sales targets
- Establish customer issue resolution processes to ensure effective closure of issues
- Develop and build long-term strategic relationships with key customers to achieve business objectives
- Collaborate with cross-functional leaders in anticipating client needs, defining and leveraging cross-product/industry business opportunities
- Set direction and cascade team/function goals to ensure goals are well-defined and clearly communicated
- Drive and manage learning and development of team in the area of technical product sales and the company's behaviour to achieve team/function goals
- Drive self-learning and improvement in the area of technical product sales and the company's behaviour as part of continuous learning
To be successful in this GM Technical Sales (Instrumentation) role, you will need to have a fair amount of commercial experience in the instrumentation industry and lab testing solutions.
- Degree or professional qualification in science or engineering-related disciplines
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a commercial role in the instrumentation/lab equipment
- Minimum of five years’ experience in a managerial capacity
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of the industry/market/competitors/customers
- Advanced knowledge and a proven sales track record in assigned products/services/systems and an existing network of contacts to government labs, pharmaceutical labs, mining labs, OnG labs or F&B labs
- Advanced knowledge of regulatory requirements of products within assigned territories, including handling procedures, shelf life, storage, etc.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Advanced research and analytical skills
- Advanced proficiency in office productivity tools (e.g. Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated fluency in English, both written and spoken
This multinational instrumentation distribution company is a leader in its field.
Great career opportunities await those who are keen to take on the GM Technical Sales (Instrumentation) challenge.
Apply now or contact me to learn more.
Get in touch
+62 21 29651532
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Central JakartaDate posted: 29 May 2023A National Sales Representative (Fastener) job has become available at a multinational fastener manufacturer for nuts and bolts.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Central JakartaDate posted: 29 May 2023A Sales Manager (Electrics) job has just become available at a multinational electrification company.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Central JakartaDate posted: 25 May 2023An exciting Business Development Manager (Solar PV) job has just become available at a leading solar PV company.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Central JakartaDate posted: 25 May 2023An exciting GM Technical Sales (Data Centre) job has just opened at a multinational distribution company for data centre components.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Central JakartaDate posted: 25 May 2023An amazing Commercial Manager (HVAC) job has just opened up at a multinational building materials company to grow their building management system business unit.