Sustainable Sourcing Director (Plant-based Commodity)
Salary Market Aligned
Consultant William Unthario
Date posted 10 February 2023jakarta procurement-supply-chain/supply-chain 2023-02-24 2023-04-11 manufacturing-and-production Jakarta ID Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.id https://www.robertwalters.co.id/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
A leading multinational is seeking a Sustainable Sourcing Director (Plant-based Commodity). In this job, you will lead the development and engagement of local stakeholders (suppliers, smallholders and local government) to ensure the sustainability of the business.
About the Sustainable Sourcing Director (Plant-based Commodity) Role:
Reporting to the General Manager, you will be responsible for managing the collection network within the country according to a global plan, maintain supply chain sustainability at each level by best utilising support functions (agronomist, ops).
- Build and lead implementation of functional Strategic Sourcing Plan
- Align with potential third party suppliers for seed and chip stock supply
- Ensure the implementation of the sustainability strategy in coordination with local stakeholders
- Take charge of sourcing strategy and collaborative initiatives and promote the work to the destination marketing teams and regional management
- Manage agro expansion projects to meet future expansion needs while maintaining lowest cost possible
- Collaborate with local authorities in order to obtain appropriate support and alignment for the sourcing initiatives
This candidate should possess excellent leadership capability, public speaking, organisational skills, critical thinking, and analytical skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in forestry or agronomy is preferred
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in procurement managing products and suppliers
- Experience with working local authorities and natural product sourcing
- Proficiency in English is a must
The successful Sustainable Sourcing Director (Plant-based Commodity) will join an organisation whose expertise has made them the leader in their field. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant. The firm is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are a progressive Sustainable Sourcing Director with a can-do attitude, this is an excellent opportunity to work with an industry leader that is constantly breaking new ground.
Apply today or contact me to discuss this new opportunity.
Due to the high volume of applications we are experiencing, our team will only be in touch with you if your application is shortlisted.
Get in touch
+62 21 29651513