Head of Procurement
Salary IDR1 - IDR2 per month + Very Attractive Package
Consultant Melva Mariska
Date posted 21 October 20192019-10-21 2019-12-20 fmcg Jakarta ID IDR 1 2 2 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.id https://www.robertwalters.co.id/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Head of Procurement job has become available at a leading FMCG company to be based in Jakarta.
About the Head of Procurement Role:
You will be responsible for the development and implementation of strategic initiatives within an assigned portfolio of indirect sourcing categories, which may include consulting services, marketing services, IT and telecommunication equipment, systems, and services.
- Provide direction and guidance to the team, which includes workload distribution, use of efficient operating methods, training and compliance to policies and procedures
- Manage the team and the end-to-end life cycle of all purchases, including processing purchase requisitions, expediting purchase orders (PO) as required, ensuring timely receipt creation for all POs and reviewing invoice variances
- Oversee and ensure execution of captured KPIs such as purchase requisition (PR) to PO conversion time, PO percentage beyond due date, non-compliant POs approved and PO to invoice variance accuracy
- Allocate team resources to meet the product and service needs of the business
- Oversee the team's bidding process, supplier selection, negotiations for purchase requisitions and ensure the tactical support for assigned category spend is carried out in a timely manner
- Manage the team to ensure products and services selected meet quality expectations, are timely and in accordance with the needs; identify and minimise procurement-related business disruptions to end customers
- Develop and grow new relationships with suppliers; interface on quality, service and delivery issues as well as ongoing continuous improvement opportunities
To succeed in this role, you will need to possess experience in all aspects of supply chain management, including conducting bid processes (RFI, RFP and informal bids) and negotiating short-term supplier agreements.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent education and work experience
- At least 12 years of experience in procurement/sourcing or supply chain management
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to lead and mentor a team
- Strong interpersonal skills to deal with a diverse group of people
This leading FMCG firm needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in its field of expertise.
If you are driven, determined, and want to take further step in your career, this is the role for you.
Excellent career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Head of Procurement (Indirect) role.
Apply today to discuss this new job opportunity.