Head of Research and Development
Consultant Jonathan Teja
Date posted 15 February 2018Jl. Jend Sudirman Kav. 29-31 Jakarta 12920 Robert Walters Indonesia
An exciting Head of Research and Development job has just become available at one of the largest FMCG based in Jakarta. Reporting directly to the Marketing Director, this is a role for a Research and Development who is a leader in their field.
About the Head of Research and Development role:
The candidate will be an R&D leader for technical projects to meet business initiatives focused on growth, brand maintenance, cost engineering, and quality improvement. Help to drive the long-term technology enablers for the business unit. Responsible for the design and execution of product testing, analysing data, drawing conclusions, documentation, communicating results and product commercialisation.
- Work directly with cross-functional team, plants, and vendors as the R&D project leader to drive execution and direct both product and package developers across multiple projects.
- Perform functions to facilitate the development of new products and formulas as requested by corporate sales, customers, and Marketing teams.
- Researches and incorporates new flavors, ingredients and processes into new product ideas.
- Creates and edits formulas, processing procedures, finished product specifications, and customer specifications.
- Collaborates with operations to optimise processes and production for existing items within the limits of product specifications.
- Manage the resources and budgets for projects and platforms.
- Act as technical/commercialisation expert and coach for shared developers.
- Responsible for commercialisation of new and reformulated products and successful transition from development to operations.
- Actively participate in food safety programs that ensure the safety of ingredients and finished products.
- Works within regulations in the development of product labels.
- A Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Engineering, Food Science or related field with a minimum 10 years' supply chain experience.
- Experience working with senior management to secure mandate and support for continuous improvement introduction.
- Experience in FMCG
- Sound business insight and wide functional experience
This is an exciting opportunity to join a market brand that prides itself on fantastic company welfare. If you are ambitious and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with progressive change, this would be an ideal role for you. There will be opportunities for internal mobility within the organisation possibly in time to come.
Apply today or call me to discuss this exciting opportunity.