Supply Chain Director
Consultant Iwan Salim
Date posted 02 March 2017
A leading multinational FMCG company is looking for a Supply Chain Director in Jakarta to manage end-to-end supply chain.
About the Supply Chain Director role:
Reporting to the regional office, you will be responsible for overseeing and directing all aspects of the company’s unique supply chain organisation, focusing on strategic procurement (APIs, et al.), materials/production planning, inventory management and distribution/logistics.
- Work closely with internal and external partners including sales/marketing, regulatory, finance, API suppliers, 3PLs/distributors to ensure precise inventory levels are maintained, demand is met and pricing is optimised per market conditions
- Develop strong relationships with key suppliers with the goal of negotiating contracts, pricing and terms with all vendors and suppliers
- Act as key member of S&OP team to ensure inventory and production meet market demands
- Manage, train and direct all supply chain personnel within the organisation
To succeed in this position, it’s important to have knowledge of raw materials, distribution of goods and manufacturing processes as well as understanding of business and management principles, leadership strategies and strategic planning.
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, Business or a related field plus 8 years' relevant work experience
- 15 years' experience with minimum of 5 years' experience in planning and/or supply chain management functions
- Retail/wholesale/FMCG background preferred
- Familiarity with the principles of transportation
- Progressive experience managing retail supply chain operations or closely related field
- Experience in creating and driving retail supply chain strategy
- Cross-functional project management experience
- Ability to manage people, build teams and communicate effectively
As one of the largest FMCG Company globally, you will be part of a growing team with the ability to influence senior stakeholders. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Supply Chain Director position.
Apply today for this new opportunity.
Robert Walters Singapore is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.