Senior Regulatory Specialist (Halal Compliance)
Salary Attractive Salary
Consultant Sean Chen Chen Xin
Date posted 23 March 2018Jl. Jend Sudirman Kav. 29-31 Jakarta 12920 Robert Walters Indonesia
A global leader in the chemicals space is seeking a Senior Regulatory Specialist to be part of their team. The core focus is to coordinate all halal compliance activity in APAC, related to formula management, intelligence on halal law in Indonesia, and halal processes in other countries in APAC.
About the Senior Regulatory Specialist role:
Report directly to the Head of APAC RAPS, the Senior Regulatory Specialist will play a key role in coordinating all halal compliance activity.
Key responsibilities include:
- Execute role as appointed APAC halal supervisor to coordinate with RAPS, Formula Management, and any other stakeholders as needed.
- Maintain direct contact with halal regulatory authorities on all halal issues including coordinating formula audits and necessary training
- Manage contracts with Halal agencies
- Support Halal ingredient and product review with RAPS input
- Support RAPS to ensure database are updated and maintained on approved list of Halal materials and Halal certified products
- Keep abreast of all Halal development and communicate on changes to criteria and effect change management
- Offer regulatory advice on key chemical and end-product regulations
To succeed in this role you must have the ability to lead effectively and possess a keen understanding of Halal Certification Requirements.
- University degree in Science discipline, ideally in Chemistry
- Related experience with minimum 5 years in a halal compliant facility
- Experience and working knowledge of Halal Certification Requirements (include the 11 criteria halal assurance system HAS)
- Prior working history with Halal authorities in ASEAN and BPOM
- Fluent in English and Bahasa Indonesia, both written and spoken
- Good working knowledge of chemical and end product regulations (consumer product regulatory i.e. cosmetics, detergent, etc) in Indonesia
- Familiar with such regulations across APAC
- General Knowledge of regulations in EU and US will be a plus
The successful Senior Regulatory Specialist will join a company whose expertise has made them the leader in their field.
If you have a successful track record of halal compliance operations and enjoy working in a team environment, you can take your career forward with this exciting Senior Regulatory Specialist.
Apply now or call me to discuss this new opportunity.