Senior Purchaser - Electrical
Salary Attractive Salary
Consultant Sean Chen Chen Xin
Date posted 06 April 2018Jl. Jend Sudirman Kav. 29-31 Jakarta 12920 Robert Walters Indonesia
A rapidly expanding global industrial manufacturer is looking for a Senior Purchaser to manage the electrical components category. Reporting to the regional user in Singapore, you will be responsible to generate sourcing strategies.
About the Senior Purchaser role:
Due to excellent results and future expansion plans, the Senior Purchaser will play a key role in the firm's operations and continued development and success.
- Guide the supplier selection process for new projects and facilitate early involvement of suppliers in design development. Align supplier selection with the commodity strategy
- Responsible to create, analyse and validate component piece cost and targets
- Collaborate with cross-functional organisations and define the cost methodology to assess a component’s material and vendor tooling cost
- Responsible to assess the material cost of component designs from inception to production. Conduct in-depth analysis of costing information provided by supplier and supplier's financial reporting
To succeed in this role you must possess a keen understanding of procurement with a focus in the electrical space.
- BS/BA degree in Business, Supply Chain/Operations or Engineering is required, MBA preferred. Electrical Engineering degree preferred
- Minimum of 3+ years proven purchasing experience working closely with product development engineers in a Technology Category for OEM with a demonstrated success in developing supplier partnerships
- Advanced knowledge of engineering documentation, manufacturing process control, and technical data
The successful Senior Purchaser will join a company whose expertise has made them the leader in their field.
If you are a progressive Senior Purchaser with a can-do attitude, this is an excellent opportunity to work with an industry leader that is constantly breaking new ground.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.