VP Processing (Nickel)
Salary Market Aligned
Consultant William Unthario
Date posted 11 November 2022other-islands procurement-supply-chain/operations 2022-11-14 2023-01-10 mining Jakarta ID Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.id https://www.robertwalters.co.id/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
As a result of ongoing and continued successes, this leader within the mining world is seeking a VP Processing (Nickel). In this job, you will lead several processing operations teams, a technical services team and a processing innovation group which will be spread across different sites and geographical locations.
About the VP Processing (Nickel) Role:
Due to excellent results and future expansion plans, the VP Processing (Nickel) will be responsible for the overall technicality of the mining and smelting processes.
- Initiate, lead, articulate and drive processing strategy
- Manage the safety, risk, productivity, maintenance, cost effectiveness and technical optimisation
- Ensure rigorous budgeting processes are completed
- Establish systems and processes to ensure continuous improvement of productivity rates, cost reduction and margin increase
- Provide expert guidance, strategic planning, and technical services
- Effectively manage tailings streams and waste materials
- Understand the metal deportment and mode of metal loss and incremental cost to recover
- Lead operational readiness activities for all new processing facilities
To succeed in this VP Processing (Nickel) role, you must be a demonstrated initiator, innovator and strategic navigator that understands how to get traction on ideas and bring them to fruition.
- At least 20 years of experience in processing roles within a business that is focused on nickel and/or other base metal commodities with a strong background in hydrometallurgy and pyrometallurgy, smelting and refining.
- English proficiency is a must and Mandarin will be highly regarded as you will be required to work with Mandarin-speaking stakeholders
- Been involved with a wide range of nickel-related metallurgical processes
- Exposure to project development life cycle including project initiation, feasibility studies, construction, commissioning and ramp up to steady state operations
- Strong leadership and communication skills, is culturally aware and understands how work in a multicultural team
This company is much more than mining firm and is anything but traditional. They have the people and ethos to act with speed, innovation, enterprise and creativity.
If you are a progressive VP Processing (Nickel) with a can-do attitude, this is an excellent opportunity to work with an industry leader that is constantly breaking new ground.
Apply today or contact me to discuss this new opportunity.
Due to the high volume of applications we are experiencing, our team will only be in touch with you if your application is shortlisted.