Port Manager (Sumatra)
Salary Attractive Salary
Consultant Sean Chen Chen Xin
Date posted 22 September 2018 2018-09-222018-11-21 manufacturing-and-production Jl. Jend Sudirman Kav. 29-31 Jakarta 12920 Robert Walters Indonesia
A leading international coal mining firm is seeking a Port Manager in Sumatra to support a large, complex business unit and to be part of their expansion plans.
About the Port Manager:
Due to excellent results and future expansion plans, the Port Manager will play a key role in the firm's continued development and success.
Key responsibilities include:
- Allocate resources to ensure smooth running of port operations
- Brief port supervisors on vessel loading and discharge standard operating procedures
- Monitor vessel operations and productivity
- Oversee compliance with Workplace Safety and Health (WSH) policies, procedures and regulations
- Oversee daily planning for berth, yard and stowage
- Works closely with regulatory authorities, port operations and personnel of shipping lines
To succeed in this role you must have the ability to lead effectively and possess a keen understanding of port operations.
- Minimum 5-8 years Terminal / Marine Operations experience required
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of all aspects of vessel and terminal operations
- Familiar with but not limited to labor contracts, safety regulations and environmental compliance
The successful Port Manager will join a company whose expertise has made them the leader in their field.
If you have a successful track record of port operations and enjoy working in a team environment, you can take your career forward with this exciting Port Manager role.
Apply now or call me to discuss this new opportunity.