Plant Manager (Wood/Timber Processing)
Salary Attractive Salary
Consultant Sean Chen Chen Xin
Date posted 31 January 2019 2019-01-312019-03-26 manufacturing-and-production Surabaya ID IDR 40000000 50000000 50000000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.id
A leading global supplier in composite i is looking for an experienced Plant Manager. In this job, you will be reporting functionally to Global Operations Manager in Europe with close collaboration with the local partners, based in Surabaya, Indonesia.
About the Plant Manager role:
In this role, you will be responsible for daily production output, product quality and on-time delivery. In addition, the candidate must be able to drive continuous improvement and optimisation of all processes including production planning, manufacturing policies and identification of future problems and its solutions.
- Achieve objectives as laid out by the organisation such as direct or indirect operations such as daily output, quality, waste, safety, sanitation and operational cost
- Visit the plant floor frequently to coordinate and monitor production, direct the resolution of production delays, and oversee other production related issues
- Work closely with Directors and Managers of other Business Units such as Quality Assurance (QA), Procurement, Human Resources, Supply Chain, in order to plan and coordinate production
- Implement strategies agreed in alignment with strategic initiatives from global and local needs while providing a clear sense of direction and focus among the subordinates
- To develop skills amongst the subordinates through training and demonstrations to make them able to adopt technological advancements such as SAP/ERP system
- To ensure safe working conditions and environmental protection
To succeed in this role, you will need to have a strong talent management , technical leadership with strong communication and conflict resolving skills. The candidate must be able to articulate his/her plan on running a business and process improvement with the top level and subordinates.
Other key requirements:
- 10 – 15 years of relevant experience in production management preferably in composite material or processed raw material
- Must have a technical degree preferably Industrial Engineering or Manufacturing
- Be knowledgeable of safety, quality, productivity, demand creation, supplier quality and inventory
- Strong leadership experience coupled with people development skills
- Familiarity with import export regulations and F&B compliance in Indonesia
- Excellent communication skills in the English language
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
- Must be willing to be based in East Java
The successful Plant Manager will join a company whose expertise has made them the leader in their field. If you have a successful track record as Plant Manager and enjoy working in a team environment, you can take your career forward with this exciting role.
Apply now or call me to discuss this new opportunity.