Senior Customs Clearance
Consultant Jonathan Teja
Date posted 09 July 2018Jl. Jend Sudirman Kav. 29-31 Jakarta 12920 Robert Walters Indonesia
A recognised global automotive company is in the midst of growing their operations and is actively recruiting a Senior Customs Clearance to be based in Balikpapan.
About the Senior Customs Clearance role:
In this role, you will secure an adequate level of compliance control by performing broker management and internal controls and assessments.
- Act as the company's primary contact for customs and relevant authorities
- Act as customs compliance expert to control and secure compliance risks for the company
- Secure and manage significant customs areas e.g. HS classification, customs valuation, rules of origin, free trade agreements, customs regimes, regulatory requirements and other local restrictions etc
- Provide advice regarding trade barriers, SNI, import quota, import prohibition and restriction, government policies including silent/ambiguous rules to stakeholders
- Assist in external audits & manage relevant certifications and licenses (AEO/CTPAT)
- Work closely with other departments and brokers to ensure compliance to customs regulations
- Maintain accurate record keeping and retention process
To succeed in the Customs Compliance Manager role, you will need to be able to work under pressure and be result oriented.
- Degree in Logistics, International Business or Customs
- 5 - 10 years' logistics/ compliance experience (preferred in automotive industry)
- Good command of English to communicate with counterparts
- Sense of responsibility
- Able to multi-task and adaptable to international environment
- Positive mindset and motivated
This automotive company needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career by joining one of the largest Automotive company, apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.