General Manager, Manufacturing
Salary Market Aligned
Consultant Shanggar Ganesh Marimutu
Date posted 04 August 2022jakarta procurement-supply-chain/engineering 2022-08-04 2022-10-03 manufacturing-and-production Jakarta ID Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.id https://www.robertwalters.co.id/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A leading speciality chemical manufacturer is looking for a General Manager, Manufacturing to lead all plant operations and other manufacturing related activities within a greenfield new plant setup project based in Malaysia. This position reports directly to the Managing Director.
About the General Manager, Manufacturing Role:
In this position, you will be responsible to lead all daily operations management and coordination of plant operations including production, product quality, logistics and maintenance while ensuring compliance with company and corporate policies and safety regulations.
- Controlling day-to-day operations of all manufacturing resources to ensure the fulfilment of scheduled production requirements and priorities
- Developing and managing the strategies, plans and produces to achieve the organisational and financial objectives of the company
- Setting and controlling budgets, targets, and objectives (KPIs), and providing regular reports on progress in order to achieve the overall organisational and financial objectives
- Ensuring compliance with eternal regulatory agencies and organisations
- Developing a clear performance objective for the employees and ensuring that key roles are staffed with people who can effectively undertake their roles in the business and that the roles are clearly defined and understood
- Ensuring that all production equipment are maintained in good working order and in accordance with safety and health standards, maintenance instructions, good house-keeping and regulatory requirement
- Effectively managing labour requirements, manpower planning, production planning, stock management, instrumentation calibration, plant improvement while developing innovative systems and processes
- Liaise with relevant authorities (DOSH, CIDB, BOMBA, local municipal council, etc.) and work closely with the project management team for closure of any issue raised by relevant authorities
- Ensuring the maintenance of an efficient labour force by establishing an effective industrial relations climate in which employees are trained and motivated to fulfil production function accountabilities
- Proposing for the inclusion of all capital expenditure for replacement and improvement to the manufacturing and laboratory facilities in the company’s operating plan
- Improving processes and policies in support of organisational goals, formulating and implementing departmental and organisational policies and procedures to maximise output, and monitoring adherence to rules, regulations and procedures
- Providing technical support and services and addressing production and quality issues to marketers whenever necessary
To be successful in this role, you must have at least twenty years of operations management experience, preferably within the chlor-alkali chemical manufacturing industry.
- Tertiary qualification in Chemical Engineering/Chemistry or related field of study
- Minimum twenty years working experience in the manufacturing environment, including ten years in managerial positions
- Experience in Chlor-Alkali (Caustic Soda, Hydrochloric Acid, Chlorine Gas, Hydrogen Gas, or Sodium Hypochlorite) manufacturing
- Familiarity with Electrolysis, Gas Bulk Storage Tank, Burner, Evaporator (Steam), Liquefaction, Scrubbing, Gas filling into pressurised steel drums, Liquid Bulk tanker loading, Liquid Bulk storage, Cooling Tower, Heat Exchanger, Water purification (physical, chemical and Ionic Exchange) and Air Compressor processes
- Proven track record within manufacturing management
- Knowledgeable in Six Sigma and Lean manufacturing methodologies
- Highly experienced in the implementation of ISO standards
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style
- Excels at operating in a fast pace, community environment
- Computer skills and proficient in Excel, Word, Outlook, and Access
- Open to direction and collaborative work style and commitment to get the job done
- Ability to look at situations from several points of view
- Demonstrated leadership ability
This company needs no introduction and is recognised as a leader in their field of expertise. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude, the potential rewards are significant.
If you are an established manufacturing and production professional who is seeking for a challenging and dynamic role with a rapidly growing organisation with great prospects, this General Manager, Manufacturing role is the one for you.
Upon submitting your application, you consent to your personal data being transferred to overseas for processing.
Apply today or send your CV to email@example.com to discuss this opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd (formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd) Business Registration Number : 729828-T Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: gross (14x)Location: Central JakartaDate posted: 06 July 2022An exciting General Manager Operations (Property) job has just become available at one of the well-known high-rise buildings in Central Jakarta, Indonesia. Reporting directly to the Regional Team, this is a role for a GM who is experienced in their field.
Salary: From RM300,000 per annum and aboveLocation: JakartaDate posted: 13 July 2022A conglomerate company with its subsidiary in the forest plantation sector covering upstream forest management and downstream integrated timber management is seeking Senior Positions in Reforestation (Planting & Silviculture) to be based in East Malaysia.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: JakartaDate posted: 14 June 2022A leading non-profit organisation is seeking a talented Sustainability Engagement Lead (Palm Oil). In this job, you will lead the engagement of palm oil suppliers within member supply chains.