General Manager Manufacturing (rPET)
Salary Market Aligned
Consultant Narita Mandela
Date posted 25 May 2023other-islands procurement-supply-chain/consultancy 2023-05-25 2023-07-24 manufacturing-and-production Tangerang ID Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.id https://www.robertwalters.co.id/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
A world-leading rPET manufacturing company is recruiting for a General Manager Manufacturing (rPET) job in Indonesia. In this General Manager Manufacturing (rPET) job, you will be responsible for leading the business in its next phase of growth.
About the General Manager Manufacturing (rPET) Role:
In this business critical role, you will play a pivotal leadership role, driving the development strategy of PET plastics in Indonesia and value creation for all stakeholders. You will also take the lead providing direction to all manufacturing operations-related activities, including business improvement plans of our existing pant and leading the project for the new plant.
- Providing leadership in all aspects of business including effective management of all teams
- Building effective leadership team and ensure successors for key positions are developed; provide leadership and coaching/mentoring of talent pipeline
- Leading rPET plant production including quality control on feedstock, production KPIs, quality management of rPET flakes production, stock control and delivery of products to the port or to the customer
- Coordinating all daily activities between the production and operation team and be the bridge between the team with the procurement and sales department, as well as other supporting functions
- Working with equipment vendors for the modification, maintenance and improvement of the existing plant
- Developing a Quality Management System including production procedures, work-instructions, maintenance schedules, EHS systems, spare part management and OEE analysis
- Effectively managing communications with all shareholders to drive business improvement plans on behalf of the Board of Directors
- Collaborating with Purchasing and the supply chain to continuously improve quality of incoming feedstock
- Working in close communication with commercial team on production output planning and quality specifications of rPET flakes production
- Planning, analysing and managing financial performance of the entity, driving cost control and ongoing financial improvement plans
- Proactively manage cash flow to ensure the business is stable and financially liquid to meet its ongoing payment obligations
- Leading all HSE and ESG improvement plans for the entity and support audits as require and ensuring full compliance
- Promoting key management processes and lead culture development activities across the business in accordance with company values
- Driving operational excellence, embedding quality and EHS systems and lean manufacturing principles
- Leading the financial department, human resources department and other departments to establish and improve management systems, policies and approval processes for major financial expenditures and personnel decisions
- Building and maintain relationships with customers and all other external stakeholders
The successful General Manager Manufacturing (rPET) possesses a minimum of 10 years' experience and the ability to work effectively and co-operatively with all team in Indonesia, across borders and internal matrix
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills with high personal integrity
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Engineering
- Strong project management knowledge experience and professional qualifications are preferable
- Experience in planning and designing manufacturing plants, preferably for solid waste or waste water treatment
- Onsite experiences in constructing and commissioning of facilities
- Prior general management and leadership experience in manufacturing environments
- Experiences managing and working within Indonesia with some understanding of legislation and local culture
- Fluency in English
- Knowledge of waste treatment technologies, experience in plastic treatment is preferred
- Experience working in similar positions in equipment manufacturers, plant manufacturers or engineering institutes/companies
- Several years of experience in a technical or management position within a PET Recycling Plant is advantageous
- Technical knowledge in plastics recycling and extrusion sector
- Experience with automised production processes, preventive maintenance, spare part management.
- Strong strategic agility and business understanding
- Analytical skills and financial management acumen
- Structured and organized orientation to work with strong communication skills
- Readiness to travel
This company is much more than manufacturing services and is anything but traditional. They have the people and ethos to act with speed, innovation, enterprise and creativity. The scope of the offer, the size of the business, the freedom and autonomy to drive your career forward all add up to a great place to work.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting General Manager Manufacturing (rPET) job.
Apply today or contact me to discuss this new opportunity.
Get in touch
+62 21 29651531