Associate Scientist Microbiologist (Makassar)
Salary Market Aligned
Consultant Narita Mandela
Date posted 24 May 2023other-islands procurement-supply-chain/consultancy 2023-05-24 2023-07-23 fmcg Makassar ID Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.id https://www.robertwalters.co.id/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
As a result of ongoing and continued successes both within Indonesia and internationally, this global leader within the FMCG world is seeking an Associate Scientist Microbiologist (Makassar). In this job, you will join their international division based in Makassar, Indonesia.
About the Associate Scientist Microbiologist (Makassar) Role:
In this business critical role you will be responsible for managing day-to-day laboratory operational with providing all the required technical support to enable the laboratory function effectively. You will also play an important role in the foundation stages of biological laboratory testing capabilities and research method.
- Ensure day-to-day coordination laboratory functional operation which includes planning, designing, sampling, preparing, testing, measuring, recording and analysing
- Drive deployment of quality standards e.g., QMP, LQS/GLP, GMP, PRIMP/LISP, etc., to ensure compliance of laboratory governance standards and QMP in lab. Ensure test methods up to date and meet standards
- Ensure adherence to company safety rules or OHS standards that apply in Indonesia
- Ensure lab’s representation at all technical assessments, including provide knowledge and exposure to the fundamental theories, principles and concepts for biological or Phys-chemical science and laboratories. Provide expertise on matters to assess risk independently and take necessary steps to mitigate the impact
- Solve problems and generate solutions by providing technical recommendations by leveraging cross-functional capabilities
- Drive and track lab performance including input of regular reports and lab metrics. Leverage lab networks and attend CoP meetings required to keep up to date with global/regional laboratory goings the tracks
- Actively drive and identify for continuous improvement - conducting method development/validation to ensure the provision of accurate testing results to the stakeholders and improve WoW in laboratory under collaboration with relevant parties and regional/global lab network
- Contribute to the delivery of R&D strategy, VL, execution of CAB in lab and supporting or running relevant projects. In addition, representing into food safety HACCP team, participate internal auditing related to Food Safety and QMS e.g., QMP, GMP and HACCP audit and perform any task given by superior/LM
To succeed in the Associate Scientist Microbiologist (Makassar) job, you will need to have the ability to drive stakeholder engagement, participate at meetings effectively, communicate and interact actively with cross functions.
- Bachelor's degree in microbiology science or in one of the following related discipline areas: Food science, Food Technology, biological science
- Three to five years’ experience within a commercial/FMCG (Food/Beverages or Pharmaceutical) lab and mainly in quality management.
- Experience in Micro-verification standards (e.g., ISO 6579-1:2017, BAM, etc.)
- Working knowledge of ISO 17025 standard
- Proficient English skills
- Understands GMP, Safety, Food safety and quality standards and procedure, Have knowledge in QM tools (ISO 9001, HACCP, FSSC 22000) and Internal auditing.
- Excellent practical laboratory skill. Ability to troubleshoot and root cause analysis
- Knowledge and skills in running and maintaining necessary microbiological instrumentation (e.g., VIDAS and/or Gene Up) is required
- Knowledge of Microsoft office and LIMS
- Strong communication/report writing skill
- Willing to be based in Makassar
This company is much more than Food Manufacturing services and is anything but traditional. They have the people and ethos to act with speed, innovation, enterprise and creativity. The scope of the offer, the size of the business, the freedom and autonomy to drive your career forward all adds up to a great place to work.
If you are a talented and focused Microbiologist professional seeking the right opportunity to take your career forward, this Associate Scientist Microbiologist (Makassar) job is the role for you. You will be a part of a forward-thinking company that values innovation and a progressive mindset.
Apply today or contact me to discuss this new opportunity
Get in touch
+62 21 29651531
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: PapuaDate posted: 24 May 2023A leading energy firm is seeking a Production Manager (Oil and Gas) to join their team in Indonesia. In this job, you will be responsible for overseeing and managing the production activities to ensure the successful establishment and commencement of operations.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: PapuaDate posted: 24 May 2023A leading energy firm is seeking a Transport Coordinator (Oil and Gas) to join their team in Papua. In this job, you will be responsible for managing and coordinating the transportation activities during the early stages of construction.