R&D Manager (Sulawesi Based)
Salary Market Aligned
Location South SulawesiFULL_TIME
Consultant Narita Mandela
Date posted 27 January 2023other-islands procurement-supply-chain/consultancy 2023-02-16 2023-03-28 fmcg Sulawesi Sulawesi ID Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.id https://www.robertwalters.co.id/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
An exciting R&D Manager (Sulawesi Based) job has just become available at one of the most respected global FMCG company based in Sulawesi. Reporting directly to the Director, this is a role for a R&Ds who is a leader in their field.
About the R&D Manager (Sulawesi Based) Role:
This is a great opportunity/job/role for the R&D Manager (Sulawesi Based) to develop and execute company's science and technology programmes. Your main responsibility is to lead process development initiatives, including identification, alignment, communication of cocoa and chocolate processing and technical validation for capacity extension globally.
- Lead research and development (Sulawesi Based) projects and teams to deliver excellent processes, products and ingredients for global and local applications
- Deliver breakthrough technologies and products in alignment with R&D priorities for growth
- Be responsible for predictable scale-up of food ingredients such as cocoa and chocolate processes from bench-top to manufacturing scale
- Deliver process specifications to global teams that will be translated to assets that provide quality product at expected scale
- Develop and manage capital projects from bench-top to pilot plant and support factory installations by following company's processes from capital project submission through commissioning, validation and start-up
- Design and execute comprehensive research and development plans that include creating new and enhancement of existing process technologies by performing thorough literature, technology and patent landscape analyses, sensory/consumer testing, and risk assessments
- Initiate and develop clear test plans, timelines and key milestones, experimental setup, complete pre-test paperwork, clarify objectives with other team members, test execution and data analysis to quantify key process parameters and fundamental mechanisms at laboratory, pilot and factory scale operations
- Drive cross-functional collaborations within R&D, Commercial, Engineering, Quality and Supply, develop and implement effective scale-up strategies to achieve exceptional product attributes and ensure superior product quality and food safety
- Build upon project management and technical development skills through project experience, training and mentoring. Responsible for review of progress and development strategies with manager and subject-matter experts
The successful R&D Manager (Sulawesi Based) will be self-driven, outspoken and can work under minimum supervision.
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Bioprocess and Agricultural Engineering, Food Science and Technology or equivalent
- Minimum of seven years of process development experience in the R&D function of the food industry or scientific environment working in the areas of new technology/process development, exploratory research with commercialisation focus
- Experience in industrial business R&D with experience of successful commercialization (from concept to scale-up)
- Advanced understanding of engineering and scientific principles associated with food systems, food preparation and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), ingredient and ingredient/process interactions
- Advanced competency in Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs), Process Flow Diagrams (PFDs), controlled sequences and all required engineering calculations
- Strong working knowledge of experimental design, regression analysis and other descriptive and predictive statistics
- Excellent interpersonal skills and high-performance team behaviour
- Very strong project and associate management skills; the ability to be self-driven and directed, forward thinking and make complex decisions that create and deliver business solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and very strong understanding of software packages such as (e.g. Microsoft Office, ANSYS, MATLAB, AUTOCAD) and ability to learn new, area specific software (SAP, MindManager, etc.)
- Fluent communication in English
- Can work with multicultural expatriates
- Willing to travel and based in Sulawesi
This international company needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise. With great clients and known for their corporate reputation, they've won many awards. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude, the company is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are a talented and focused R&D professional seeking the right opportunity to take your career forward, this R&D Manager (Sulawesi based) job is the role for you. You will be a part of a forward-thinking company that values innovation and a progressive mindset.
Apply today or contact me to discuss this new opportunity.
Due to the high volume of applications we are experiencing, our team will only be in touch with you if your application is shortlisted.
Get in touch
+62 21 29651531
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: South SulawesiDate posted: 11 March 2023An exciting Product and Process Technologist job has just become available at one of the most respected global FMCG companies based in Sulawesi. Reporting directly to the Director, this is a role for a R&Ds who is a leader in their field.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: South SulawesiDate posted: 15 February 2023An exciting Product and Process Technologist job has just become available at one of the most respected global FMCG companies based in Sulawesi. Reporting directly to the Director, this is a role for a R&Ds who is a leader in their field.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: BekasiDate posted: 16 March 2023A world-leading chemical manufacturing company is seeking a Maintenance Superintendent (Chemical Manufacturing) in Indonesia. In this job, you will be responsible for leading the business in its next phase of growth.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: CikarangDate posted: 09 March 2023A rapidly expanding medical devices manufacturer is recruiting for a newly created Production Manager (Medical Devices, Cikarang) in Indonesia. In this job, you will lead a team and be responsible for all production targets in the production line.
Salary: Attractive PackageLocation: BekasiDate posted: 03 March 2023A leading national energy logistics business is seeking a high-calibre candidate for a Project Manager (Coal Chain Handling) job to support a complex project with a company in North Bekasi.