Consultant Jonathan Teja
Date posted 02 July 2018Jl. Jend Sudirman Kav. 29-31 Jakarta 12920 Robert Walters Indonesia
A recognised global Agriculture company is growing their operations and is actively recruiting a Category Manager to be based in Jakarta.
About the Category Manager role:
Drive end-to-end category management activities for Strategic (Tier 21) spend categories, from procurement strategy development to strategic sourcing execution, aimed at optimizing overall procurement contribution by maximizing cost savings and cost avoidance.
- Consolidate and analyse category spend data with support from the Category Analyst
- Develop and assess internal (demand & supply) and external (industry & market) category profiles
- Define and prioritize category-specific initiatives & opportunities, including developing a business case & implementation plan and conducting category strategy workshops
- Develop the overall category sourcing strategy and obtain approval from the Head of Source-to-Contract
- Oversee recommendations / pricing assumptions for the procurement budgeting cycle in collaboration with Finance and the relevant Business Unit
- Develop and finalize category sourcing strategy for execution in alignment with the Head of Source-to-Contract
- Define RFQ evaluation criteria for supplier selection, including commercial, technical (e.g. quality, safety) and other relevant criteria (e.g. social ethical compliance, policies)
- Oversee the development and issuance of RFQ documents to obtain supplier responses and manage clarification with suppliers
- Oversee the evaluation of supplier proposals and supplier qualification with support from the Category Analyst
- Assess and finalize shortlisted suppliers in collaboration with the Tender Committee
- Define negotiation strategies and conduct supplier negotiations in alignment with the Head of Source-to-Contract
- Develop and communicate commercial contract award to suppliers and support contract finalization in conjunction with Legal and Authorized Approvers
- Perform category value tracking and execute improvement actions with support from the Category Analyst
- Identify potential contract improvement opportunities and re-negotiations
- Recognised Degree with 8-10 years’ experience in procurement from Multinational Companies
- Excellent problem solving and analytic skills
- Strong planning skills
- Effective communications skills with excellent interpersonal skills
This company needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise. If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career by joining one of the largest Agriculture company. A great career opportunity waits in this excellent role.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.