Category Marketing Manager
Salary IDR60,000,000 - IDR70,000,000 per month
Consultant Darvin Suwanto
Date posted 06 August 2018Jl. Jend Sudirman Kav. 29-31 Jakarta 12920 Robert Walters Indonesia
An exciting Category Marketing Manager job has just been made available at an international FMCG company based in Jakarta, Indonesia.
About the Category Marketing Manager role:
In this role, you will be the one responsible for the pricing and overall promotion of a product category to maximise consumer appeal. Relationships with vendors and product range management will also be part of your duties.
- Analyse data or insights to determine industry and consumer trends
- Devise long-term development strategies for product categories
- Develop exit strategies for unsuccessful products
- Foster trust relationships with vendors to achieve better pricing and quality of services
- Place appropriate orders to ensure product availability that meets consumer demands
- Determine the positioning of a product category to maximise visibility
- Liaise with marketing teams to determine competitive pricing and promotional activities of a product category
- Collaborate with buyers and merchandisers to expand product categories
- Make forecasts for product demand to ensure the sustainability of inventory
- Assume responsibility of budget development and revenue for category
To succeed in this role, you must have extensive experience in understanding consumer needs and the retail environment.
- Proven experience as category manager or similar role
- Solid knowledge of category management, marketing and sales principles
- Understanding of data analysis and forecasting methods
- Proficient in MS Office
- An analytic mind with a strategic ability
- Excellent communication and people skills
- BSc/BA in business administration, marketing or related field
This company needs no introduction - it is the leading FMCG player in its category looking to elevate the branding and sales of its hero product.
If you are a high-performing marketer with a passion for building FMCG brands, this role is for you.
Apply today or contact me for a confidential discussion.