Senior Category Manager
Consultant Vicky Semidang
Date posted 05 April 2017
An exciting Senior Category Manager job has just become available at one of the most prestigious multinational companies based in Jakarta. Reporting directly to the General Manager, this is a role for a talented candidate who is a leader in their field.
About the Senior Category Manager role:
You will play a key role in the development and delivery of the category strategy. As category captain you will lead the category agenda within your designated retailer by implementing category, innovation and promotional strategies.
- Develop and execute the annual customer category plan, influencing the customer to execute category vision, category, merchandising and promotional strategies, segmentation, category/consumer/shopper research and category initiatives
- Identify and manage customer specific category initiatives and projects to increase sales and profitability
- Lead and deliver the range, seasonal review and gap analysis processes with customers that deliver the category strategies, using a brand solution wherever possible
- Actively manage the range through Portfolio Management and the distribution tracker to facilitate better management of the tail and drive distribution of best sellers to respond to shopper demand
- Lead and deliver merchandising reviews and category POP tactics as needed with customers, managing store trials and roll out plans as appropriate
- Lead and deliver promotions tactics with the customer including regular reporting, influencing and evaluating customer promotions through quarterly promotions meetings with the customer
- Provide regular category performance tracking (monthly and quarterly) to the customer (using internal information and/or retailer specific data) and to maintain category analytical tools as appropriate.
To succeed in this Senior Category Manager role, you will need to have a full understanding of the category management, range review and innovation processes with a proven track record of pro-active category management.
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree from a reputable university
- Minimum four years' category management experience gained in FMCG companies
- Experience in category/customer/shopper/trade marketing
- Grounding within an FMCG environment
- Experience in deriving information from data
- Strong presentation skills
- Resilient and hands on
This global consumer goods company needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in its field of expertise. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant.
If you are confident, dynamic and have a can-do attitude, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Senior Category Manager job.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.