Market Research and Analytics Manager
Consultant Hassan Mohsin
Date posted 03 April 2017
This rapidly expanding transportation services company is looking for a talented research professional to take on a newly created role.
About the Market Research and Analytics Manager role:
In this role, you will focus on research on to help the company better understand its passengers and drivers, transforming data from analytics and research into insights that can drive the long-term marketing strategy of this exciting and fast-evolving transport platform. Reporting to the Country Marketing Head, working closely with marketing analytics and market research team leads.
Key responsibilities include:
- Initiate and scale innovative qualitative and analytical research techniques focusing on segmentation, attitude and usage studies, pricing, brand tracking and marketing effectiveness.
- Driving acute understanding of their consumers (the passengers) as well as the drivers across all the countries that they operate in.
- Monitor and report all marketing effectiveness and brand tracking, pairing with the analytics reporting that comes from the performance marketing and data teams.
- Make recommendations to marketing managers for local marketing activities and quarterly marketing strategy planning.
- Manage research agency vendors in country and be responsible for keeping the company's marketing research budget in check
- Design questionnaires and discussion guides, interpret data, write reports and communicate actionable recommendations.
- Conduct in-depth analyses and provide insights for business areas with larger challenges, helping marketers identify growth opportunities.
- Local implementation of marketing analytics projects related to improving marketing channels effectiveness, customer segmentation, campaign optimisation, etc.
- Understand business requirements and work objectives in order to analyse relevant customer data sets and propose actionable recommendations that would support decision-making and marketing campaign planning process.
To succeed in the Market Research and Analytics Manager job, you will need to have the ability to both think big picture and be a visionary/idea generator - someone with the intellectual and social curiosity to drive insight into the working lives of taxi drivers, private car drivers, passengers, car owners and more.
- Bachelor's degree preferably in Marketing, Research, Statistics, Analytic, Advertising, Communications, and/or Business Administration
- At least 4-6 years of experience in a consumer research, consulting, data analytic, marketing strategy or related role
- Excellent leadership, management, analytical, problem solving, data driven, negotiations, and systematical
- Strong Excel skills is a must
- Proven data gathering and analytical skills - experience analysing primary and/or secondary data sources
- Tech or E-Commerce and Transportation industry experience preferred
This top leading tech start-up company is widely known in Southeast Asia as focusing on pioneering new commuting alternatives with an emphasis on speed, safety, and reliability. With a flat organisation structure, the culture is very dynamic with a diverse group of professionals. The company also offer competitive benefits, as well as an industry-leading practice of performance-based bonuses to their employee.
If you are a driven and determined entrepreneurial leader and ready to take the next step in your career, this Market Research and Analytics Manager job is for you.
Apply now or call me today to discuss this new opportunity.