Head of Commercial
Consultant Hassan Mohsin
Date posted 31 January 2018Jl. Jend Sudirman Kav. 29-31 Jakarta 12920 Robert Walters Indonesia
An exciting Head of Commerce job has just become available at a highly reputable company that is working closely with the government, based in Jakarta. Reporting directly to the Senior Management team, this is a role for a senior marketer who is a strong self-starter and thrives in a high-pressure environment.
About the Head of Commerce role:
Due to excellence results and future expansion plans, the Head of Commerce will play a key role in the commercial development and promotion of the Company, set by top management. The incumbent will be mainly responsible for all aspects of marketing and driving all customer engagement, commercial negotiations, and maintaining updated information on competitors and customers on a database to support company planning and commercial activities.
Key responsibilities include:
- Formulate strategies and marketing initiatives in revenue growth, market share and throughout to achieve objectives set by top management.
- Develop marketing strategies; pricing policy, structure, and product development) to ensure growth of customer base and business volume in Indonesia
- Set pricing strategy for customers in line with management guidelines, while balancing customer requirements
- Develop guidelines for customer management to ensure service levels are adhered to
- Regularly update senior management of commercial and customer performance, analyses, activities and events
- Ensure and oversee implementation of marketing initiatives in alignment with business plans
- Develop and cultivate closer customer relations and retention plans
- Spearhead and be overall responsible for negotiations with customers, involving senior management of company whenever appropriate
- Institutionalize within commercial department a strong understanding of the market trends and customers (e.g key personalities, decision-making processes, services, strategies through the use of good knowledge management practices
- Ensure alignment between Commercial Department, and operations and Strategic Services
- Oversee the development and deployment of key managers and successors within Commercial department
- Actively coordinate and cooperate with group commercial department on all commercial activities
- Leverage on Group Business Development on development of strategic alliances with customers and partners
To succeed in the Head of Commerce job, you will need to be able to possess strong business acumen, collaboration & networking, customer focus, continuous improvement & innovation, and drive for results.
- Minimum 15 years of working experience in sales and marketing related functions with 8 years in managerial role.
- Proficient in both English and Bahasa Indonesia
- Relevant knowledge and experience in the maritime industry, preferably the container sector.
- Awareness about market trends, ability to anticipate and deal with problems related to external as well as internal environment
The successful Head of Commerce job will join a company which has the people and ethos to act with speed, innovation as well as creativity. The scope of the offer, the size of the business, the freedom and autonomy to drive your career forward all adds up to a great place to work.
If you are driven, determined and want to the next step in your career, this is the role for you.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.