Corporate Communications Lead
Consultant Hassan Mohsin
Date posted 01 February 2019 2019-02-012019-04-02 new-media-and-internet Jakarta ID IDR 70000000 110000000 110000000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.id
An exciting Corporate Communications Lead job has recently emerged at one of the most recognised global technology platform firms in Jakarta, Indonesia. Reporting directly to the Country Manager and the global Corporate Communications team, this is a role for a PR professional who is a self-starter and leader in their field.
About the Corporate Communications Lead Role:
You will be responsible for leading, formulating, executing, and sustaining the communications and media relations strategy for the company in Indonesia; making use of multiple earned and owned media channels. The ideal candidate should be one who loves technology and is motivated by the desire to connect people with amazing content. The client is looking for a highly experienced and strategic professional to lead their overall communications and media relations efforts in Indonesia, supporting the various brands in the market.
- Leading the strategic development and execution of communications and media relations initiatives for Indonesia, in partnership with PR agency partners and country communications leads in various markets
- Working with cross-functional internal stakeholders, to understand the overall product, operations, marketing and partnerships imperatives with an objective of aligning them with the market's communications objectives and initiatives
- Partnering with global and regional communications team members to build communications strategies, and campaigns, that promote and enhance the overall reputation of the company and all its brands
- Developing and maintaining strong press relationships and network in Indonesia
- Working with reporters on a daily basis, juggling a combination or proactive and reactive communications efforts that protect and enhance their reputation
- Inspiring, guiding and partnering with PR agency teams to deliver business and communications results
- Managing the PR budget for Indonesia along with its effective allocation to support business goals
To succeed in the Corporate Communications Lead job, you will need to be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple projects and priorities simultaneously, and have the ability to work effectively, with relevant departments across the region and across borders. The candidate should have a successful track record in garnering positive media coverage for a business or product in a complex business setting/market.
- Minimum of eight years experience in a local and regional capacity, with a focus on Indonesia
- Mix of agency and in-house PR experience preferred - previous experience in journalism an added bonus
- Deep understanding of formulating and executing corporate and consumer communications strategies
- A solid network of press contacts in Indonesia across business, tech and lifestyle outlets
- Entrepreneurial spirit, including ability to work independently and autonomously
- Excellent organisational and planning skills; outstanding attention to detail
- The ability to react quickly to changing circumstances and deal with ambiguity to build creative communications campaigns and solutions
- Experience working in multi-market and multi-cultural environments
- A positive attitude combined great people management skills
- A particular interest in consumer technology, social media, content, pop culture and lifestyle trends
- Experience working across social media, internet, technology brands preferred
This global technology platform company has an outstanding reputation in its field and great value is placed on training and development. The work environment and culture encourages creativity, innovation, freedom, and the firm provides excellent career advancement opportunities.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Corporate Communications Lead job.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.