Legal and Compliance Officer
Salary Market Aligned
Consultant Albertus Pratama
Date posted 24 May 2023jakarta legal/in-house-legal 2023-05-24 2023-07-23 medical-and-nursing Jakarta ID Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.id https://www.robertwalters.co.id/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
A multinational medical and nursing company is currently seeking a Legal and Compliance Officer to support their business in Jakarta. In this job, you will be reporting to the CEO.
About the Legal and Compliance Officer Role:
You will be responsible for taking the lead in building a culture of compliance and ethics, effectively partnering with the business while advising on legal and compliance matters to help manage and mitigate risks emanating from legal and compliance matters within the company and support regional projects in specific areas of expertise.
- Support the business in Indonesia and advise on broad range of legal and compliance matters including third party risk management, educational programmes and commercial engagements with healthcare professionals, data protection and privacy matters, employment law, consumer law, corporate affairs, regulations governing medical device industry, and other ad hoc legal and compliance matters
- Be an effective business partner and advise on day-to-day business transactions, engagement with vendors, consultants and distributors including contract review and negotiations
- Maintain compliance matrices and dashboards to facilitate review by the Regional Governance, Risk, and Compliance Committee and Board of Directors
- Network actively in the legal and compliance fraternity and represent the company at associations and forums
- Establish, manage, and socialise sound contract life cycle management in Indonesia and across APAC
- Bring sound knowledge of industry best practices and advise on commercial and marketing activities including matters pertaining to educational events and engagements with healthcare professionals, including review and evaluation of grants and sponsorship proposals of the business
- Help localise and cascade in Indonesia the regional initiatives for Third Party Risk Management Programme including due diligence and background check on channel partners, vendors, etc.
- Help localise and cascade compliance policies, procedures, and SOPs to secure compliance with applicable laws and industry code of ethics and global best practices in MedTech industry
- Develop, conduct, and organise compliance training in policies, standards, SOPs, and best practices
- Support cascading the Data Protection and Privacy Programme in Indonesia to secure compliance with data protection and privacy laws including privacy programme frameworks
- Draw up, manage and file registry, article of association, and other statutory documents, including minutes of Board of Director meeting, General shareholder meetings, etc.
- Support internal decision making process through reviewing managing CAS (corporate authorisation system) from GRC, governance, risk management and compliance
- Lead risk management and business continuity plan
To succeed in this Legal and Compliance officer job, you will need to have the ability to work effectively and co-operatively with senior business development teams, across borders and internal matrix.
- Six or more years of experience with at least two to three years in the life sciences industry with knowledge in contract review and negotiations, and commercial compliance relating to engagement with healthcare professionals and healthcare organisations
- Bachelor's degree in law from a reputable university in Indonesia and qualified to practice law in Indonesia (PERADI)
- Accreditation and certifications such as CCEP, CFE, CIPM, etc., is well regarded
- Flexible personality, good communication skills
- Team player, strategic-thinker, solutions oriented, problem solver
- Experience with compliance training, third party risk management, and advise on interactions with healthcare professionals
- Bilingual in Bahasa and English with superb communication skills both in writing as well speaking
- Commercially astute, eager to partner with business, with strong influencing and interpersonal skills
- Strong project management and organisational skills
This company needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant. The company is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this Legal and Compliance officer is the right role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting job.
Apply today to learn more about this new opportunity.
Get in touch
+62 (21) 2965 1500
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: JakartaDate posted: 24 May 2023A Legal Recruitment Consultant job has become available at Robert Walters.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: JakartaDate posted: 24 May 2023A Legal Counsel job has now opened up at one of multinational oil and gas companies in Jakarta.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: JakartaDate posted: 24 May 2023A Legal Counsel job has become available at an advanced technology company, to support their business in Jakarta.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: JakartaDate posted: 24 May 2023A Corporate Legal Counsel job has become available at one of the global FMCG companies in Jakarta, currently looking for a legal professional to strengthen their business presence in Indonesia.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: JakartaDate posted: 24 May 2023A Country Legal Counsel job has now opened up at one of multinational energy companies in Jakarta.