Head of Legal and Corporate Secretary
Consultant Albertus Pratama
Date posted 09 November 2022jakarta legal/in-house-legal 2022-11-09 2023-01-08 fmcg Jakarta ID Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.id https://www.robertwalters.co.id/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
One of the biggest FMCG companies in Indonesia is currently looking for the number one legal person to lead their legal team in a Head of Legal and Corporate Secretary job. This position is based in the Jakarta office.
About the Head of Legal and Corporate Secretary Role:
You will be responsible for protecting and supporting the company's business, innovations and assets by designing and ensuring a robust business advisory and business contract review and management for the business, including providing best consultation and advice on the third party engagement structure and business projects. This role is reporting to the Directors.
- Implementing the decisions of the board of director
- Acting as adviser to the directors
- Handling company share transactions - issuing new shares, arranging dividend payments and observing all legal requirements
- Arranging and oversee the general meeting of shareholders
- Liaising with auditors, lawyers, tax advisers, bankers and shareholders on board governance issues
- Attending and take minutes of directors and member's meetings
- Ensuring compliance obligations under relevant laws and the requirements of regulatory authorities are met (e.g. stock exchange)
To succeed in the Head of Legal and Corporate Secretary job, you will need to have the ability to work effectively and co-operatively with senior business development teams, across borders and internal matrix.
- Bachelor's degree in Law from a reputable university with outstanding academic background
- 9 - 12 years of PQE in a law firm or listed company with a good understanding of capital market transactions
- Background from FMCG company is a plus
- Legal practice experience at a major or international law firm in Indonesia, in-house legal experience in an international company is preferred
- Strong organisational skills and good attention to detail
- Good communication skills are also necessary to instruct staff members and to address stakeholders including government officials
- Understanding in OJK regulation
- Initiative, self-motivation and responsibility
This company needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise. The culture is demanding, but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude, the potential rewards are significant. The company is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this Head of Legal and Corporate Secretary role is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting job.
Apply today or contact me to discuss this new opportunity.
Due to the high volume of applications we are experiencing, our team will only be in touch with you if your application is shortlisted.