Senior Public Affairs Officer
Consultant Albertus Pratama
Date posted 02 December 20192019-12-02 2020-01-31 manufacturing-and-production Jakarta ID IDR 65000000 95000000 95000000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.id https://www.robertwalters.co.id/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A global manufacturing company is looking for a Senior Public Affairs Officer to strengthen their business in Indonesia. This position is based in Jakarta.
About the Senior Public Affairs Officer Role:
You will monitor the political environment for the relevant trends/topics that affect the company business operations in Indonesia.
- Evaluate any possible impacts both for opportunity and risk for the company, including all the business units.
- Develop local advocacy targets and strategies in accordance with regional (ASEAN) and global targets and strategies
- Develop local political positions on specific topics in accordance with regional (ASEAN) and global company positions and in coordination with relevant organisational units
- Establish, maintain, and manage an internal network with all relevant actors for political activities in Indonesia
- Build up and maintain an external network with key political decision makers and other relevant stakeholders.
- Represent the company in association/committee meetings in Indonesia
- Organise and coordinate political meetings for high-ranking company's associates
- Regularly report essential political information in Indonesia to relevant internal stakeholders of the company
- Provide advice to the respective local GM and business units on external affairs related topics and political positions
- Communicate the company's positions to decision-makers and key influencers in order to shape favourable political conditions for the company
- Represent the company at local conferences, meetings, and media events
To succeed in this Senior Public Affairs Officer job, you will need to have the ability to work effectively and co-operatively with senior business development teams, across borders and internal matrix.
- Minimum of a bachelor's or master's degree, preferably in Public Policy, Law or Macroeconomics (but open to any possibilities)
- Minimum of 15 years' experience in a related field
- Strong interest in learning, agility, and curiosity
- French and/or Spanish language skills is a plus
- Strong leadership, analytical and planning skills
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Experience in the government or public affairs sectors, public policy consultant, data research firms, management consultant firms, or NGO is a plus
This is a market-leading manufacturing and production global company that offer challenging but rewarding growth opportunities.
If you are looking to advance in your career, this Senior Public Affairs Officer role will be a good fit for you.
Apply for this opportunity today.