Legal and Corporate Affairs Director
Salary Very Attractive Package
Consultant Albertus Pratama
Date posted 10 September 20192019-09-10 2019-11-09 retail Jakarta ID IDR 85000000 130000000 130000000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.id https://www.robertwalters.co.id/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
One of the biggest multinational cosmetics manufacturer, which also operates a retail business, is now looking for a Legal and Corporate Affairs Director to further strengthen its team in the Jakarta office.
About the Legal and Corporate Affairs Director Role:
You will manage all legal activities pertaining to the corporation, contracts management, and present legal documents and agreements to the stakeholders, as well as become the face of the company to the government, third parties and relevant institutions. This role reports to VP – General Counsel based in the headquarter and with dotted reporting line into the Finance Head for the Southeast Asia region and VP Corporate Affairs.
- Providing strategic legal advice in all matters that are relevant for the business of the company in Indonesia and ensure that any corporate activities are supported with the highest standards of legal, professional ethics and compliant with the prevailing laws and regulations
- Developing and implementing legal and corporate affairs strategies, and through the collaboration with other functions provide strategic legal insight, potential risk exposure, and mitigation plans of any significant legal and regulatory developments to the management
- Representing the company in associations and foreign chamber of commerce, to develop and maintain relationships with the company’s external stakeholders (partners, consultants, government, institutions, government officials, industry associations, chambers of commerce) to actively shape laws, regulations and environment
- Develop processes to ensure that risks are escalated to the right level of seniority within the organisation
- Develop/review and streamline processes required for legal review and approval of transactions
- Gain a good understanding of business processes in order to provide relevant and practical advice to various functions and country management
- Manage external legal counsel on specific projects and day-to-day country specific operational activities
To succeed in this Legal and Corporate Affairs Director role, you should be experienced as a corporate lawyer and have a good general understanding of prevailing laws and regulations in Indonesia.
- Qualified lawyer in Indonesia with overall 8 - 10 years of experience working in an international law firm (minimum four to five years) and in-house counsel (minimum three to four years) within a multinational company in relevant sectors (direct selling, pharma, cosmetics)
- Experience in dealing with tax and transfer pricing matters as well as basic finance/accounting knowledge is an advantage
- Excellent understanding of sharia law and practices
- Strong business and commercial acumen
- Solid negotiations skills
- Ability to successfully work in cross-functional teams
- Highly persuasive and influential
- Ability to communicate effectively and explain complex legal issues in a simple way.
- Ability to deal with multiple priorities, both at strategic and operational level
- Self drive, initiative and motivation are key to perform in this role
- Results-driven, disciplined and excellent in multitasking, able to get things done
- Strong ethics and high personal integrity
This company needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant. The company is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Legal and Corporate Affairs Director job.
Apply today to discuss this new opportunity.