VP Legal and Compliance
Salary Very Attractive
Consultant Albertus Pratama
Date posted 31 July 20192019-07-31 2019-09-29 financial-services Jakarta ID IDR 55000000 99000000 99000000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.id https://www.robertwalters.co.id/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A multinational digital ecosystem group in Southeast Asia is currently looking for a VP Legal and Compliance to sit in their P2P lending company in Jakarta.
About the VP Legal and Compliance Role:
As the VP Legal and Compliance, you will lead the legal team and support the business, operations, and other functions within the company.
- Take charge of the company’s overall legal matters
- Liaise with key regulators, such as the OJK and Bank Indonesia
- Take lead roles in contract negotiation and business arrangements
- Provide internal legal advice to other functions of the company
- Provide support to various company functions, such as credit, marketing and strategy, IT, finance, and CRM
- Ensure that different functions of the company comply with prevailing laws and regulations
- Manage external counsels, notaries, and other external legal service providers
To succeed in the VP Legal and Compliance job, you will need to have high commercial awareness and appreciation of how regulations affect business.
- Fluency in business and legal English
- Bachelor’s degree in Law, or master's degree from an overseas university is preferred
- PERADI qualified
- At least eight years' experience with exposure to financial services/banking industry and preferably financial technology
- Excellent understanding of law and regulatory compliance, especially with regards to lending and non-banking financial institutions
- Unparalleled understanding of BI and OJK regulations with intimate knowledge of OJK and BI workings
- Excellent legal drafting skills
- Attention to detail
- Well organised
The company is part of a multinational digital ecosystem group and one of the most promising P2P lending companies in Southeast Asia. The company is currently building its Indonesia team. The role is for savvy and compliant-minded legal professionals seeking to grow with the company’s development.
If you think you meet the requirements and you are driven, determined, and want to be part of a team establishing best practices and policies during the dawn of Indonesia’s fintech industry, this is the role for you.
Apply today or get in touch to discuss this opportunity.