Head of Legal
Consultant Albertus Pratama
Date posted 03 January 2019 2019-01-032019-03-04 retail Jakarta ID IDR 20000000 40000000 40000000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.id https://www.robertwalters.co.id/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
A top retail company has a job opportunity for a Head of Legal to be based in Jakarta. You will report to the CEO.
About the Head of Legal Role:
As the company's Head of Legal, you are expected to lead a team of three Legal Executives and oversee the company's legal matters such as contracting, licensing, industrial relations (in collaboration with HR) and litigation management. This job is for an individual who is passionate about retail (and the related legal issues) and is willing to work with other functions across the company matrix. This position reports to the CEO.
- Manage/document contracts, obtain and renew licenses and permits, manage litigation, industrial relations (collaborating with HR), export-import of goods (collaborating with other teams) legal risk mitigation and other functions as required by the company
- Liaise with internal stakeholders and internal users such as HR, tax, finance, sales and operations teams
- Liaise with regulators for obtaining and renewing permits
- Accompany users in negotiating key contracts
To succeed in this Head of Legal role, you will need to have excellent analytic skills. You will need to be able to understand the impact of Indonesian regulations on the business and how to navigate them.
- Indonesian qualified lawyer with PERADI Card will be an advantage
- At least one year's experience as a lawyer in private practice and one year's experience as an in-house lawyer; experience in the retail industry would be an advantage
- Exceptional leadership skills
- Familiarity with contracts (e.g. sales and procurement contracts) and regulations relevant to retail (e.g. distribution and export import)
- Willing to work with internal stakeholders (e.g. other functions within the company) and external stakeholders (e.g. regulators and governmental institutions)
This is a retail company with a strong reputation in household and home improvement.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you.
Apply today to discuss this new opportunity.