Vice President of Legal Counsel
Salary IDR80 - IDR100 per monthFULL_TIME
Consultant Albertus Pratama
Date posted 09 November 2018 2018-11-092019-01-07 telecommunications Jl. Jend Sudirman Kav. 29-31 Jakarta 12920
A telecommunications platform company requires an experienced Vice President of Legal counsel to be based in Jakarta to lead the business in its next phase of growth. Reporting directly to CEO, your main scope is to work effectively and cooperatively with senior business development teams, across borders and internal matrix
About the Vice President of Legal Counsel role:
As the company’s Vice President of Legal Counsel, you are expected to manage 2 Legal managers in Indonesia to handle legal matters such as contracting, licensing, industrial relations (in collaboration with HR) and litigation management. This job is for a person who is passionate Telecommunications, Media and Technology sector (and the legal issues related thereto) and will to work with other functions across the company matrix. This position reports to the CEO.
- Oversee and coordinate functions within legal departments and the executive boards (regulatory, legal, corporate communication & corporate administration) to ensure alignment with corporate strategy and agenda;
- Manage/document contracts, obtain and renew licenses and permits, manage litigation, industrial relations (collaborating with HR), export-import of goods (collaborating with other teams) legal risk mitigation and other functions as may be required by the company;
- Liaise with internal stakeholder and internal users, such as HR, tax, finance, sales and operations team;
- Liaise with regulators for obtaining and renewing permits;
- Accompany users in negotiating key contracts;
- Develop overall public relations strategy to cultivate company's corporate image; and
- Assist the execution of regulation & policies advocacy which includes proactively influence the regulator in developing telecommunication industry policies.
To succeed in this role you will need to have the ability to work effectively and cooperatively with senior business development teams, across borders and internal matrix. Not to mention the importance to have excellent analytical skills. You will need to analyse how Indonesian and non-Indonesian regulations will affect the business and how to navigate such regulations.
- Indonesian qualified lawyer with PERADI Card;
- Law degree from reputable university, preferably Master’s degree;
- 8-10 years relevant experience as in-house legal, preferably telecommunication industry or notable Law Firm;
- Willing to work internal stakeholders (eg. other functions within the company) and external stakeholders (e.g. regulators and governmental institutions);
- Agility and ability to manage complexity;
- Collaborative mindset & attitudes; and
- Good communication skills.
This is a Telecommunications company with a high reputation in the market. The working environment is demanding and fast-paced.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you.
Apply today to discuss this new opportunity.