Consultant Indra Pambudy
Date posted 04 June 2018Jl. Jend Sudirman Kav. 29-31 Jakarta 12920 Robert Walters Indonesia
A leading global bank is seeking a Legal Manager for their global banking/commercial banking division within the company, to be based in Jakarta, Indonesia.
About the Legal Manager role:
As Legal Manager you will be working on some of the most exciting international financing deals, involving borrowers and lenders in several jurisdictions. The international nature of this role will widen your exposure to complex deals involving Indonesian law and the laws of other jurisdictions.
- Review financing agreements on syndicated or bilateral basis related to trade and project finance
- Prepare and execute security documents related to the financing agreements
- Advise the business / credit team on the legal aspects and issues arising from commercial decisions
- Collaborate with a team of regional counsels related to aspects of Indonesian law as may be relevant to cross-border financing agreements;
- Monitor regulatory developments and advise relevant functions of the bank on the effects of these developments
- Mentor, assist, and develop your juniors within the team.
- Bachelor Degree in Law (Sarjana Hukum / SH)
- 10 years practice experience. Having practised in-house at a bank is a must
- Highly experienced in working on financing deals
- In-depth knowledge on Indonesia’s contract law, Indonesia’s Civil Code, and collateral law (e.g. mortgage, land mortgage, and fiduciary security)
- Familiarity with standard financing agreement templates (e.g. LMA / APLMA and ISDA)
- Excellent analytic skills – you will need to analyse how Indonesian and non-Indonesian regulations related to banking and other sectors affect lending decisions
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skill in English – virtually all of your work will involve cross-border financing deal
- Possess organisational and multi-tasking skills of the highest calibre
- Able to produce high-quality legal work within tight deadlines
This an outstanding bank with a reputation in its field. The work environment is demanding and fast-paced but will reward the successful applicant with excellent career and self-development opportunities.
If you are highly organised, passionate about applying your legal skills to finance and determined and want to take the next step in your career by joining a large and truly global international bank, then this opportunity is for you.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.