Lead Data Engineer
Consultant Alia Hasyim
Date posted 22 October 20192019-10-22 2019-12-21 new-media-and-internet JAKARTA ID IDR 1 2 2 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.id https://www.robertwalters.co.id/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Indonesia’s first and fastest growing unicorn leading on-demand Super App open an exciting Lead Data Engineering position in the Financial Services segment. This role reports directly to the Head of Business Intelligence Financial Services.
About the Lead Data Engineer role:
You will build data-driven solutions to improve the company’s partners’ lives—including hundreds of thousands of drivers, merchants and millions of customers—by building data driven product features, data analytics tools, data pipelines and large, scalable data infrastructure. Your work will impact how users, drivers, talents, merchants, etc. in the ecosystem—and even more broadly, across Indonesia—access financial services each and every day.
- Design, build, launch, and maintain extremely efficient & reliable large-scale batch and real-time data pipelines with data processing frameworks like Dataflow, Flink, Spark and Kafka, which will enable teams to consume and understand data faster
- Run extensive and intensive POCs on data processing frameworks, technologies, and platforms
- Maintain and improve data quality through testing, tooling and continuously evaluation of performance
- Integrate and collate data siloes in a manner that is both scalable and compliant
- Act as the bridge between our backend and analysts and work on data cataloguing/management
To succeed in this role, you will need to possess strong analytics skills, technical skills, financial knowledge and business acumen.
- Strong understanding of data streaming concepts
- Experience with building production-grade data processing tools such as BigQuery, Kafka, Pub/Sub, Dataflow, Flink and Spark
- A superstar in writing code in Java
- Experience in writing code in Python, Go, Scala, SQL
- For you, test driven development is a must
- Passionate about crafting clean code and story-like documentation
- Understand the value of collaboration within teams and be very customer oriented
- Interested in being the glue between engineering and analysis
- Flexibility in code and architecture is a plus since our team is constantly evolving
- Knowledgeable about system design, data structures, and algorithms
- Strong familiarity with data modeling, data access, and data storage techniques, like Data Mart, Data Lake and Data Warehousing concepts
This firm needs no introduction and is known as one of Indonesia’s leading tech start-ups. It has a continuously evolving data infrastructure, which includes Google Cloud Platform (especially Pub/Sub) and Kafka, and data processing tools such as BigQuery, Dataflow, Flink and Spark. You will be exposed to new data processing tools and they are VERY open if you want to explore or experiment with any new tool or architecture design. The company’s Financial Services in particular is in the early stages regarding its data infrastructure, so this role will require close interaction with the technical PMs, engineers, CTO, and compliance.
If you have a successful in analytics and data engineering projects, this is a perfect opportunity for you.
Apply now or call me to discuss this exciting opportunity.