Technical Development Manager
Salary Attractive Salary + Benefits
Consultant Ershad Sonda
Date posted 26 August 2018 2018-08-262018-10-25 new-media-and-internet Jl. Jend Sudirman Kav. 29-31 Jakarta 12920 Robert Walters Indonesia
A new challenging Technical Development Manager role has just become available at newly established venture capital firm based in Jakarta. The firm will start their own digital ventures, into new media and internet industry, and is looking for business-savvy technical developer to translate their business needs to technology.
About the Technical Development Manager role:
The Technical Development Manager will develop new digital products by establishing a technological vision for the business unit and lead the business unit's technological development.
- Transforms business requirements into technology from scratch (from design, development, delivery and enhancement)
- Develops product technology blueprint and road-map Manages a lean team of IT professionals in a start-up setting
- Works closely with management/vendors/potential customers, to define and deliver new products and enhancements
- Conduct research to improve the technological assets of the company
- Research and evaluate new technologies and make recommendations on technological solutions
- Consistently evaluate technical efficiency and make changes as necessary
- Identify competitive advantages and technological trends for the benefit of a company
- Review and approve proposed development releases
To succeed in this role, you must be able to look at the system with a bird's-eye view, understand the desired user's needs and experience, and communicate accordingly to all the stakeholders.
- Has experience in starting his/her own start-up(s) from scratch will be highly considered
- Software development background with technical expertise in digital system architecture, product design and development
- Excellent and proactive communication skills, both oral and written (English and Indonesian)
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and performance management skills
- Exceptional project management, project execution and organisation skills
- High level of flexibility in fast paced and quick changing environments
- Minimum of 5-8 years of prior experiences is preferred
- Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field
The company is the new digital arm of a large Indonesian conglomerate. The culture will be demanding but at the same time, rewarding as well.
If you're up to new challenges, is business savvy, and still do hands-on coding, this Technical Development Manager role is for you.