Salary IDR30000000 - IDR40000000 per month + +Benefits
Location West Jakarta
Consultant Ershad Sonda
Date posted 22 March 2017
A challenging VP Engineering role has just become available for our client, a growing start-up new media and Internet company (e-commerce), based in West Jakarta. This position will report directly to the C-Levels (mainly CIO and CEO). This is a role for a highly-experienced software developer who has the leadership and technical skills, and looking to further their career.
About the VP Engineering role:
In this VP Engineering role, you will be responsible for designing, building, improving, or maintaining our products and systems, and you will also be managing a team of engineers, growing and empowering them to accomplish great things by creating and implementing best practices and standards.
You will roughly spend 60-80% time in engineering and product, and 20-40% time in people management and coaching. You will need to acquire contextual breadth and depth in your product domain and manage stakeholders' expectations.
You will work in cross-functional teams and meet great and smart people regularly from top tier technology, consulting, product, or academic background. Our client works in an open environment where there are no boundaries or power distance. Everyone is encouraged to speak their mind, propose ideas, influence others, and continuously grow themselves.
- Passionate in software engineering, application development, or systems development
- Passionate in leading teams and growing people
- Excellent understanding of software engineering concepts, design patterns, and algorithms
- Technical skills needed, among others: HTML, CSS, JQuery, and PHP
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and influence skills and personal maturity
- At least 5-8 years of technical leadership experience is preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent from a reputable university
About the company
A growing start-up that is led by smart US Ivy League graduates. The business is niche and within a growing industry in itself. As with all start-up companies, the role will be highly demanding, requiring the successful candidate to be hands-on while managing a team at the same time. If you are willing to work hard and looking to further your career, please apply today to discuss this opportunity.
Robert Walters Singapore is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.