Principal Data Scientist
Salary Market aligned
Location South JakartaFULL_TIME
Consultant Alia Hasyim
Date posted 02 September 20192019-09-03 2019-11-01 financial-services South Jakarta ID IDR 30000000 50000000 50000000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.id https://www.robertwalters.co.id/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A global multi-payment firm has just opened an exciting Principal Data Scientist position. You will have the opportunity to ensure the company’s group standards using big data. This position will be based in Jakarta.
About the Principal Data Scientist Role:
The Principal Data Scientist is a key role in the big data team and is expected to provide consultation on how to build a machine learning ecosystem for this financing company. The candidate is expected to be creative and come up with ideas on how machine learning can help the business.
- Work with data engineers to build an ecosystem for machine learning
- Being pioneers and ambassadors to bring machine learning to all parts of the company
- Work on machine learning models that would have an immediate and massive impact on the business.
- Utilise enormous amount of data, both unstructured and structured data
- Share knowledge to the team and outside team
- Passionate to solve real-world problems using machine learning techniques
- Work with local and HQ data engineers to build an ecosystem for machine learning
- Work with other departments to generate business ideas, consult for predictors, and present the result of research
- Master's/bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, or related field
- At least five years' experience developing production-grade machine learning models
- Strong programming skill (Python, R, or Java preferred)
- Deep understanding of various machine learning techniques; the statistics behind the algorithm, data sampling, feature engineering, hyper parameter tuning, exploratory analysis, etc.
- Able to converse in English fluently
- At least three years' experience with programming language (Python, R, Java, etc.)
- At least three years' experience with machine learning frameworks (scikit-learn, Spark MLlib, caret, etc.)
- At least one year's experience with Big Data platform (HDFS, Hive, S3, Spark)
- Knowledge of specific domains such as Credit Scoring, Risk Analytics, Marketing Analytics, Fraud Prevention, etc.
- Experience with cloud technologies (Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Service, etc.)
- Experience with deep learning frameworks (TensorFlow, Keras, etc.)
- Passionate about data
- Excellent problem-solving skills, critical thinking and conceptual thinking abilities
- Crave for new technologies/algorithms with fast learning and understanding process
This multi-payment firm is famous for its persistence and breakthrough. They have been with Indonesia’s market since it was starting to consolidate.
If you have a successful track record of related projects and want work-life balance, this is the perfect role for you.
Apply now or call me to discuss this exciting opportunity.