Principal Data Scientist
Consultant Alia Hasyim
Date posted 27 June 20192019-06-27 2019-08-26 financial-services Jakarta ID IDR 30000000 50000000 50000000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.id https://www.robertwalters.co.id/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
One of the global multi-payment firms opens an exciting Principal Data Scientist position. You will have the opportunity to ensure the company’s group standards using big data. This position will be based in Jakarta.
About the Principal Data Scientist Role:
This Principal Data Scientist role is one of the key role in the big data team who is expected to provide consultation on how to build a machine learning ecosystem for this financing company. The candidate is expected to be creative and come up with ideas on how machine learning can help the business.
- Work with data engineers to build an ecosystem for machine learning
- Being pioneers and ambassadors to bring machine learning to all parts of the company
- Work on machine learning models that would have an immediate and massive impact on the business.
- Utilize enormous amount of data, both unstructured and structured data
- Share knowledge to the team and outside team
- Passionate to solve real-world problems using machine learning techniques
- Work with local and HQ data engineers to build an ecosystem for machine learning.
- Work with other departments to generate business ideas, consult for predictors, and present the result of research
- Masters/Bachelors in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, or related fields
- 5+ years of experience developing Production-grade machine learning models
- Strong programming skill (Python, R, or Java preferred)
- Deep understanding of various machine learning techniques; the statistics behind the algorithm, data sampling, feature engineering, hyper parameter tuning, exploratory analysis, etc
- Able to converse in English fluently
- 3+ years of experience with programming language (Python, R, Java, etc)
- 3+ years of experience with machine learning frameworks (scikit-learn, Spark MLlib, caret, etc)
- 1+ years of experience with Big Data platform (HDFS, Hive, S3, Spark)
- Knowledge of specific domain such as Credit Scoring, Risk Analytics, Marketing Analytics, Fraud Prevention, etc
- Experience with cloud technologies (Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Service, etc)
- Experience with deep learning frameworks (TensorFlow, Keras, etc)
- Passionate about data
- Excellent problem-solving skills, critical thinking and conceptual thinking abilities
- Crave for new technologies/algorithms with fast learning and understanding process
This multi-payment firm is famous for its persistence and breakthrough. They have been with Indonesia’s market since it was starting to consolidate.
If you have a successful track record of related projects and want work-life balance, this is the perfect role for you.
Apply now or call me to discuss this exciting opportunity.