Junior Data Scientist
Salary Market aligned
Consultant Alia Hasyim
Date posted 21 June 20192019-06-21 2019-08-20 new-media-and-internet Jakarta ID IDR 10000000 18000000 18000000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.id https://www.robertwalters.co.id/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Junior Data Scientist job has just arisen at one of Southeast Asia's leading fintech start-ups. You will be a part of a digital lending company that is revolutionising access to financial products for millions of emerging consumers in Indonesia. The company has developed the first digital data-driven credit underwriting and risk assessment platform to process consumer loan applications and determine their creditworthiness using its mobile app.
About the Junior Data Scientist Role:
As part of the analytics team you will have the opportunity to define problems and hypotheses, develop recommendations and decision support tools to increase business value.
- Develop supervised and unsupervised machine learning models
- Gather and import data from different sources, write your own SQL queries, reshape, wrangle and cleanse data for quantitative analysis
- Measure and continue to improve the predictive accuracy of models, monitor model performance in production systems
- Work hand-in-hand with your fellow data scientists, data engineers, operators and the product team to design and deploy data-driven solutions with high business value
- Document work and create highly reproducible solutions
- Exceptional can-do attitude
- More than one year of experience of applied Quantitative Analysis, Statistical Analysis or Modelling
- More than one year of experience in Python or R, and proficiency in Numpy, Pandas, Scikit-learn or equivalent in R
- Solid communication skills (Bahasa Indonesia and English)
- You must be curious, analytical, fast learning and have excellent problem-solving skills
- You must be results-oriented and willing to work in a fast and dynamic environment
- Solid understanding of Linear Algebra, (Multivariate) Calculus, Applied Mathematics and Statistics, Algorithms and complex optimisation
- Solid understanding of SQL, independently able to query databases, perform and apply joins, aggregates, filters and search patterns.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Applied Math, Engineering, Computer Science, or similar advanced degree is preferred
This firm needs no introduction and is known as one of Indonesia’s leading fintech start-ups.
If you have a successful track record in analytics and data science projects, this is a perfect opportunity for you.
Apply now or call me to find out more.