Head of Data Engineer
Salary Very attractive salary
Consultant Alia Hasyim
Date posted 11 March 2019 2019-03-112019-05-10 new-media-and-internet Jakarta ID IDR 70000000 90000000 90000000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.id
An exciting Head of Data Engineer job has just arisen at a leading e-commerce company. This role will be involved in leading positive change, empowering people, & cultivating product technology visions. This position will be based in Jakarta.
About the Head of Data Engineering Role:
This role is a leadership position, reporting directly to VP of Data. Your role will focus on data collection and sharing, while making data-driven decisions, followed by handling new products discovery.
- Ensure access to clean and usable data for stakeholders throughout the company
- Design and implement our data pipeline
- Use statistical techniques to help decision-makers throughout the company make better and more quantifiable decisions
- Represent data-related opportunities and needs to the company as a member of our Extended Leadership Team
- Hire and mentor data scientists and data engineers
- Find new opportunities to put company data to work in service of customers without compromising end-user privacy or security
- Demonstrate flexibility, sound decision making, and strong analytic and organisational skills
- Identify opportunities for improvement using data analytics
To succeed in this role, you will need to have strong knowledge of best practices with regards to SDLC. Excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and written, are a must.
- Strong architectural background with knowledge of full-stack
- Previous experience with setting and executing technology strategies
- More than eight years work experience
- Over three years experience in a managerial capacity - substantiated by examples of how reports grew under your leadership
- Over three years experinece with Cloud, especially GCP ecosystem
- Hands-on experience with building and deploying best practices and technologies (containers, Jenkins, Terraform)
- Strong technical leadership, project delivery, and global team building skills
- Structured thinking, a data-driven approach, and a collaborative spirit to partner with business partners
This e-commerce firm needs no introduction and is recognised as a leader in their field of expertise.
If you have a successful track record of related projects and enjoy working in a start-up environment, this is the role for you.
Apply now or call me to discuss this exciting opportunity.