Salary m gross pm
Location South Sulawesi
Consultant Hywel Davies
Date posted 05 April 2017
An exciting Construction Director job has just become available at a well-known energy business. Based in Jakarta, although with frequent travel to South Sulawesi, this is a role for a Construction Director who's a leader in their field.
About the Construction Director role:
The Construction Director will report to the Head of Projects for Indonesia and be responsible for execution of the entire project on schedule, to budget and inline with best practice regarding quality, safety and environmental performance. Your responsibilities would setting up the construction management office, including personnel, systems, tools and templates to provide high-quality oversight, tracking and reporting pf project progress and contractor performance, and to both direct and respond to project advisers and stakeholders.
- Oversee and direct contractor construction activities and manage the integration of the project with the transmission network operator
- Ensure quality construction standards are met using project construction techniques and equipment
- Monitor and report periodically on project completion to schedule and budget
- Evaluate and track contractor performance against contractual obligations
- Ensure on and off-site construction activities are compliant with corporate environment-health-safety policies
- Establish site facilities and equipment office, accommodation, amenities, transportation and security
- Recruit additional personnel to establish the construction management office
- Provide regular construction progress reports for management review and for use by external stakeholders
- Obtain all necessary permits, licenses and government authorisations
To succeed in this role you must have at least 10 to 15 years working experience managing multi-disciplinary construction projects and/ or contractors, ideally involving wind or power generation.
- Advanced knowledge of construction management systems, tools, processes, means and methods and experience establishing and coordinating construction management teams
- Expert knowledge of construction contracts, methods and relevant laws, regulations and quality standards, ideally in the power generation sector
- Detailed understanding of all facets of civil and electrical construction processes
- Ability to plan and see the big picture with respect to commercial and strategic objectives
- Competent in conflict and crisis management with experience management multi-cultural teams
- Excellent leadership, communication, time and project management skills
- Tertiary qualified in construction management, architecture, engineering or related field
- Indonesian and/ or SE Asian construction management experience would be looking upon favourably
- Candidates should be prepared to work for extended periods on-site
This international energy firm needs no introduction and is recognised as a leader in their field of expertise. The culture is demanding bu if you're confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the new step in your career, this is the role for you. Apply today for more information.