Operational Risk Control
Consultant Ricky Chandra
Date posted 25 October 2018 2018-10-252018-12-23 financial-services Jl. Jend Sudirman Kav. 29-31 Jakarta 12920
One of the established asset management firms is looking for an Operational Risk Control personnel to strenghtens the team in Jakarta.
About the Operational Control role:
Operational Control division is a independent unit to ensure Control implementation is met for each department within Operations through mitigating risks, starting from Product Services initiation, execution by Operations, and the outputs to third parties .Reporting directly to either COO or CEO, you will be responsible to identify and assess Operational Risk framework within the asset management
Key responsibilities include:
- Work closely with APAC head of Operational Risk Control (ORC) and central ORC teams in Europe as well as business unit stakeholders in carrying out testing of permanent controls and oversee Indonesia Operational Risk and permanent control framework.
- Asess inherent risk with each business unit and assess the adequacy of existing controls, then properly document the risk mapping based on regional template
- Perform second level reviews of operational incidents reported, including the reviewing the correctness of the short term action plan and long term remedial action plan to ensure the correctnes of calculation
- Roll out and maintain locally the global asset management anti fraud program and third party risk management program
- Be involved in internal audit/regulatory inspection as permanent control representative. Keep track of inspection/review findings and recommendations to follow up to ensure closure before deadlines
- Analyse the results of controls and contribute to define action plans when relevant
- Ensuring timely reporting of incident in accordance to the Group
- Act as first level of control on the quality and incident reporting
- Coordinate with audit team to provide regular follow up report on recommendation implementations
- Provide Regular report of the past due recommendation
- Designs improved tools and methodology in conducting control assurance and risk in change for operations
- Provide trainigs to local business stakeholders on operational risk policies
- Solid 2-3 years of experience in Operational Risk and/or compliance, preferably with an international asset management firm
- Big 4 Audit experience
- In depth knowledge of portfolio management process and investment methodologies with focus on operational risk and controls
- Degree in law and accountancy is preferred
- Bachelor Degree in reputable overseas university
- Fluent English - both verbally and written
- Attention to detail
- Willing to do extra miles
- Has good understanding about Anti Money Laundering
- Strong leadership skills but also be a great team player
This company is well known among the asset management firms and it has won some of the most prestigious industry awards in Financial Services industry.
If you are ready to be impactful and elevate your career, the Operational Risk Control is the suitable role for you. Don't wait any longer and apply now or call me to discuss this new opportunity.