Chief Life Operations
Consultant Ricky Chandra
Date posted 15 February 2018Jl. Jend Sudirman Kav. 29-31 Jakarta 12920 Robert Walters Indonesia
A prestigious life insurance firm is seeking a high calibre Chief Life Operations in Jakarta to support a large and complex business unit with a potential regional remit.
About the Chief Life Operations role:
The Chief Life Operations will work closely with the President Director in developing the firm’s annual operating plan and budget which reflect the strategic plan and priorities approved annually by the firm’s board. This role will also take the lead role in executing the operating plan.
- Oversee five unit that covers underwriting, claims, customer care, policy,as well as process improvement
- Work with the functional heads to establish and implement short and long range departmental goals, objectives, policies and operating procedures
- Work closely with IT to formulate strategy for the company ensuring that it delivers to stakeholder expectations
- Establish and maintain appropriate internal control safeguards; operate within the company's Risk Appetite statement to protect and enhance the reputation of the business
- Drive improvement in operational deficiencies through the division and across the business ensuring a high awareness on the management of operational risk
- Contribute and participate with other directors in the setting of annual strategic and business plans; be an active contributor to monthly Director meetings
To succeed in this role, you should have at least fifteen years' Operations experience in life insurance or general insurance and is currently at the SVP/EVP level managing different functions.
- Successful, solid experience in a similar role in a consensus based partnership culture
- Need to show strong leadership and matrix management skills
- Has strong understanding in underwriting and claims
- Ability to build relationships by communicating, influencing and negotiating effectively with business heads, senior managers, consultants, technical experts across the whole department and business users
- Excellent verbal and verbal communication skills in English
This firm needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role or you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting role.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.