Head of Strategy
Consultant Rini Kusumawardhani
Date posted 11 November 2022jakarta banking-financial-services/insurance 2022-11-11 2023-01-10 insurance Jakarta ID Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.id https://www.robertwalters.co.id/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An excellent Head of Strategy job has just become available at an international insurance company in Jakarta, Indonesia.
About the Head of Strategy Role:
For this role, you need to ensure that the series of management activities from planning to monitoring and evaluation (including market intelligence) are executed in a seamless, effective, and efficient manner, at the same time ensuring multiple business strategies and initiatives are carried out.
- Facilitate strategic planning and implementation
- Oversee all aspects of the strategic planning process designed by the Corporate Planning and Business Development function
- Scheduling all pertinent discussions, working with subject matter aspects to compile the necessary data and research ahead of time, and documenting all key outputs
- Build out an implementation and communication cadence of quarterly, monthly, and weekly meetings
- Advise the BOD members – you must be proficient in making your ambitions, expectations and reservations clear to the BOD members
- Communicate the strategy of the company
- Fulfil a leadership position: after reviewing the performance of the associates that report to them, you will communicate feedback that inspires an employee to perform better in the future. You may also set clear standards that avoid confusion on assignments and encourage team members to ask for help when they need it
- Send updates to employees: you may practice their written communication skills to create newsletters that engage staff members and deliver information in concise formats. You also may embody the personality of the BOD members to issue correspondence on the company leader's behalf
- Publish promotional materials: represent the company positively in a press release, for example. You can collect details about upcoming events or hiring decisions, and they use a layout that the news industry recognises
To succeed in this Head of Strategy job, you must have general knowledge in life insurance/retail banking products and bring the positive transformations to the company.
- Active listening – ability to relay messages from the BOD members to other employees accurately
- Emotional Intelligence – be supportive and empathetic partners to the lead officers of the company, remain calm during emergencies, show positive attitudes to create pleasant atmospheres for their co-workers, be able to encourage your team during workplace challenges or complicated tasks, and understand how to communicate considerately with the organisation’s stakeholders
- Critical thinking – ability to analyse your options before recommending the best course of action to organisational leaders. Compare the advantages and disadvantages of business opportunities and collect more information through research
- Adaptability – familiarity with fast-paced, fast-changing circumstances, and open-minded
- Leadership – BOD members may depend on your advisory leadership skills to uphold the interests of the company and its employees
- Communication – ability to use competent communication (oral and written), utilising resources in the company’s marketing and communication function to mediate meaningful conversations with lead officials, stakeholders, employees and the public. A background in life insurance/retail banking/management consultant would is ideal
This company is a well-known securities company in Jakarta, Indonesia.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this exciting role is right for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this excellent Head of Strategy role.
Apply today or contact me to discuss this new opportunity.
Due to the high volume of applications we are experiencing, our team will only be in touch with you if your application is shortlisted.