Head of Actuary
Consultant Alvi Angela
Date posted 15 January 2019 2019-01-152019-03-16 insurance Jakarta ID IDR 80000000 100000000 100000000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.id
One of the top general insurance multinational companies is looking for Head of Actuary to be based in Jakarta.
About the Head of Actuary Role:
You will be based in Jakarta and assist the organisation with analysing and forecasting impact of product, market, and economic changes on profitability.
- Conduct indications analysis to assess and forecast impacts of product, market, and economic changes on profitability and rate need
- Work closely with Underwriters to develop rating models and methods and reviewing the pricing and structure of larger and/or more unusual risks
- Collaborate with finance to forecast premiums and losses, assessing the expected variability in those forecasts
- Quantify the technical adequacy of rates required to meet returns on capital
- Conduct data collection for regular reporting to AAUI and OJK as well as internal reporting
- Maintain the feedback loop and provision of information and analysis between the pricing, reserving and business planning processes
- Effectively communicate results of analysis to peers and senior management across the organisation both in writing and in presentations
- Maintain an external network within the insurance industry to track emerging trends and approaches to business issues
- Provide supervision and training to actuarial interns and junior staff
- Perform special projects as requested
To succeed in this Head of Actuary role, you should have in-depth knowledge of actuarial technical foundation and related products with strong relationship management skills.
- Fellow Society of Actuaries of Indonesia (FSAI)
- At least 10 years' relevant experience
- In-depth knowledge of actuarial technical foundation and related products
- Experience in the pricing/valuation of health and other GI products and valuation of technical reserves
- Software skills including MS Office, additional computer programming knowledge is a plus
- Ability to clearly explain complex statistics and technical details
- Strong attention to detail
- Solid interpersonal/relationship management/communication skills
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to manage a process and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Bilingual is a plus
This is a leading insurance MNC that needs no introduction.
If you are driven and seek to advance in your career, this Head of Actuary role is for you.
Apply for this opportunity today.