Head of Legal
Consultant Indra Pambudy
Date posted 09 July 2018Jl. Jend Sudirman Kav. 29-31 Jakarta 12920 Robert Walters Indonesia
A Head of Legal job opportunity has just become available at a renowned insurance company based in Jakarta, Indonesia.
About the Head of Legal role:
Reporting to the Head of Legal and Compliance, in this role you will lead a team of in-house legal counsels and take responsibility to oversee four core legal areas. You are expected to provide legal advice and opinions to the business team in relation to the development and sales & distribution of insurance products.
Other key responsibilities:
- Reviewing agreements related to insurance product distribution with banks, airlines, agents, and other channel
- Ensuring that the said distribution agreements comply with insurance laws and regulations
- Liaising with the OJK related to product development and policy approval
- Analysing new insurance regulations as and when issued by the OJK or other institutions
- Review and provide legal inputs on the development of the company’s insurance products
- Ensuring that the said policies comply with laws and regulations and would be approved by the OJK
- Serving as first point of contact with external counsels
- Manage litigation and dispute resolutions
To succeed in this role you should have an experience as a senior legal counsel with 15-20 years of practice with exceptional understanding of every aspect related to the insurance business in Indonesia.
- Bachelor Degree in Law
- Highly experienced in the insurance sector (both advisory and transactions)
- In-depth knowledge on Indonesia’s contract law and laws and regulations in the insurance sector
- Excellent analytic skills – you will need to analyse how regulations will affect insurance policies and policy distribution
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skill in English
- Possess organisational and multi-tasking skills of the highest calibre
- Possess good communication and people management skill
- Able to produce high-quality legal work within tight deadlines and work under pressure
- Willing to work during the weekend on occasion
This an outstanding insurance company with a reputation in its field. The work environment is demanding and fast-paced but will reward the successful applicant with excellent remuneration and career and self-development opportunities.
If you are highly organised, passionate about applying your legal skills to finance and determined and want to take the next step in your career by joining a large international insurance company, then this opportunity is for you.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.