Head of Compliance
Consultant Alvi Angela
Date posted 11 January 2019 2019-01-112019-03-08 insurance jakarta ID IDR 80000000 80001000 80001000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.id https://www.robertwalters.co.id/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
A top life insurance multinational company has a job opportunity for a Head of Compliance based in Jakarta, Indonesia.
About the Head of Compliance Role:
The remit of the role will be to lead, undertake, assist and support the Department in its efforts to shift from mechanistic compliance towards a culture of individual accountability and good conduct. Such themes can be characterised by some of the following indicators: proper conduct, a right and ethical approach, being accountable for the actions of subordinates, and a commitment to embed and cascade down the right mindset for risk ownership, ethical behaviour, professionalism, responsible risk taking and the promulgation of good practices that promote sound industry norms.
- Implement and maintain effective compliance program in life, in which the compliance program is adopted as a framework with due observant to prevailing Indonesian laws and other applicable laws, eg. US-FATCA, Volcker rule
- Build awareness and compliance culture within the company through training and socialisation
- Manage and monitor the practice of AML compliance, sales compliance, regulatory compliance and Financial Crime Unit (FCU)
- Maintain relationships with regulators and keep updated on the regulatory directions; provide analysis and advocacy as necessary
- Prepare monthly Board of Committee (BOC) meeting materials and general shareholders meeting (GSM) and present to the meeting in regards to compliance issues and updates
- Conduct control assurance program and risk control assessment within the department and report to the regional risk management team on the fortnight meeting
- Partner business units and regional office in managing regulatory reporting obligations
- Provide advice on regulatory compliance issues and requirements and identify potential compliance violations and internal control weakness and ensure timely resolution
- Maintain effective controls and procedures, ensuring compliance with corporate policies relating to compliance, e.g. code of ethics, records management, privacy and data protection
- Conduct quality assurance and self-assessment as part of compliance requirement to maintain high compliance standards
- Review and approve legal documents e.g. cooperation agreements (distribution and non-distribution), notarial deeds and other related legal documents
To succeed in this Head of Compliance role, you should have prior experience in a similar role in insurance with experience and knowledge of regulatory compliance.
- At least eight years' experience in a compliance function, preferably leading a team
- Solid experience in a similar role in life insurance
- Extensive experience in regulatory compliance, AML, KYC in the financial services industry
- Degree in Law / Banking / Finance or equivalent disciplines
- Strong interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving skills with leadership qualities
- Hands-on approach, self-motivated, results-oriented, and ability to work effectively with people from all levels
This is a leading insurance company that needs no introduction.
If you are driven and seek an opportunity to advance your career, this Head of Compliance role will be a good fit for you.
Apply for this role today.