Legal and Compliance, Associate Director
Salary IDR80000000 - IDR100000000 per month
Consultant Glorya Marie
Date posted 17 March 2017
A Legal and Compliance, Associate Director role has just become available with one of the leading life insurance firm based in Jakarta. Reporting directly to the CEO, this is a role for an aspiring Legal and Compliance leader.
About the Legal and Compliance, Associate Director role:
The Legal and Compliance, Associate Director will lead and manage the legal and compliance services.
Key responsibilities include:
- To lead, manage and develop Legal Services in accordance company’s policies and procedures, regulatory requirements, including strategic direction from global Chief Counsel and country’s CEO
- Oversee and monitor the legal aspects of organisation and its transaction, in order to protect company’s interest and support company’s business strategy
- Oversee and monitor the implementation of Corporate Compliance Program and its evaluation
- Strategically defence of the organisation against suits and/or claims and lead the prosecution of the organisation’s claims against others, by leading both of internal and external counsel
- To lead and coordinate with other relevant department in implementing robust control and monitoring in company’s business process to maintain robust compliance
- To provide independent advises to CEO or other senior leadership team, including views on any strategic development related to local regulatory, politics and economic that might have impact to organisation
- Dealing with government and/or commercial partners to support company’s business strategy
- Strengthening company’s relation and networking to relevant government institutions and key associations and foreign chambers of commerce
- Supervise and develop sub-ordinate as robust team, focus on strategy to build strong people and strong process in Legal and Compliance Department
- Team engagement: develop bonding team with sound and competitive working environment.
To succeed in this role, you should have 15 years' legal and compliance experience in life insurance or financial services.
Other key requirements include:
- Successful, solid experience in a similar role in a consensus based partnership culture
- Strong leadership and matrix management skills
- Has worked in multinational financial institutions
- Ability to build relationships by communicating, influencing and negotiating effectively with business heads, senior managers, consultants, technical experts across the whole department and business users
- Excellent verbal and oral communication skills in English
This life insurance firm needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant. The firm is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role or you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Legal and Compliance, Associate Director role.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Robert Walters Singapore is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.