Country Compliance Director
Salary IDR130000000 - IDR170000000 per month
Consultant Glorya Marie
Date posted 01 February 2017
A foreign bank is seeking for a Country Compliance Director role in Jakarta to support a large, complex business unit with a regional remit.
About Country Compliance Director Role:
The Indonesia Country Compliance Director role is responsible for executing the compliance program. The individual will work with the respective lines of business and legal entity management to ensure that business is conducted in compliance with the applicable laws, regulations and compliance policies. The Country Compliance Director reports to the Director – Senior Country Compliance Manager for S.E. Asia based in Singapore.
- Providing compliance training as necessary
- Approving compliance policies and procedures
- Providing advice on and approving compliance policies and procedures
- Conducting and review Compliance Monitoring and Testing
- Participating in new product reviews and approving new products
- Approving outsourcing arrangements
- Submission of regulatory reports
- Partnering with business and entity management in managing regulatory reporting obligations
- Maintain a broad knowledge of the Corporate Banking/GTS/FICC businesses and the regulatory framework in which it operates and act as a business partner.
- Interpret regulations issued by OJK and providing advice to the business and support functions
- Develop relationships with the respective lines of business and entity management as well as support functions to keep abreast of current business developments and regulatory issues that may impact the risk environment of the Bank
- To act as the Money Laundering Representative Officer for the Bank
- Act as member of Local Management Team – Jointly and severally accountable for all aspects of running the branch corporate governance implementation
- Act as a liaison and foster good relationship with regulators, local banking associations and peer groups to keep abreast of any changes or new regulations
To succeed in this role, you should have 15 years' Compliance experience in Corporate Banks and is currently at Compliance Director/ EVP/SVP level managing different functions.
- Successful, solid experience as a Compliance Director/ Compliance SVP in a consensus based partnership culture
- Strong leadership and matrix management skills
- Has worked for foreign bank in corporate banking
- Ability to build relationships by communicating, influencing and negotiating effectively with business heads, senior managers, consultants, technical experts across the whole department and business users
- Excellent verbal and oral communication skills in English
This foreign bank needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant. The bank is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Country Compliance Director, Foreign Bank
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.