Senior Pricing Actuary (AVP level)
Salary Market Aligned
Consultant Sharleen Widjaya
Date posted 13 March 2023jakarta banking-financial-services/actuarial 2023-03-13 2023-05-12 financial-services Jakarta ID Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.id https://www.robertwalters.co.id/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
An excellent Senior Pricing Actuary (AVP level) job (financial services) has just become available at a well-known life insurance company in Jakarta, Indonesia.
About the Senior Pricing Actuary (AVP level) Role:
Assist the Head of Pricing and Chief Actuary in designing and reviewing products, compensation schemes, marketing plan and other actuarial projects as assigned from time to time.
- Provide intensive on the job technical training and develop the capabilities of subordinates on product pricing/development, agency and bancassurance compensation review work and any other actuarial project work assigned by senior management that require actuarial assessment
- Involvement in end to end of the products development cycle and ensure that pricing and processes are in compliance with group standards and local regulatory requirements. The candidate will take the lead to supervise and project managing pricing deliverables so that products can be launched in a timely manner by working closely with the Product and Marketing team
- Recommend the approval of product pricing, reinsurance arrangements and design for all lines of business and compensation schemes for all distribution channels
- Responsible for local regulatory product filling, assist appointed actuary to submit product approval proposal to regulatory
- Business Partner to support the initiatives of Corporate Solution including underwriting, campaigns, quotations, preparation of by-line results to facilitate monthly business development meeting. Conducting Experience Study for Group Portfolio
- Compensation Review - Work closely with Agency and Bancassurance team in reviewing agency/bancassurance compensation schemes. The candidate may be part of a multi-disciplinary working group to review its sales force compensation scheme
- Provide actuarial services in project-based assignments and support to stakeholder on agreed project scope and timeline (when needed)
To succeed in this Senior Pricing Actuary (AVP level) job, you must proficient in English, have solid experience in actuarial skills as well as possess excellent leadership skills.
- Internal (80%) - discussions with Local Product Marketing team and Group Office on product pricing projects. External (20%) - negotiate with reinsurer on product pricing quotations
- University graduate with minimum 10 years actuarial experience in pricing individual and group products
- Associate/Fellowship in a recognised actuarial professional body (qualified fellow SOA, IA, IAA for foreign candidates)
- At least three years' experience in managing a team of at least five people
- Proactive and responsible with strong ownership of projects assigned to you
- Strong technical skill, analytical and project management skill
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills especially written and spoken English
- Strong spreadsheet and actuarial software skills is required for Manager and Senior Manager.
This prominent company needs no introduction and is recognised as it is the prominent player in Indonesia. The industry is challenging, but if you are confident and have can-do attitude, the potential rewards are significant.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this excellent Senior Pricing Actuary (AVP level) role.
Apply today or contact me to discuss this new opportunity.
Due to the high volume of applications we are experiencing, our team will only be in touch with you if your application is shortlisted.
Get in touch
+62 21 2965 1515
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: JakartaDate posted: 22 February 2023An excellent Financial Controller job has just become available at an investment platform company (part of a big and well-known group) in Jakarta, Indonesia.
Salary: IDR80,000,000 - IDR120,000,000 per month + ASAPLocation: JakartaDate posted: 08 March 2023A large general insurance company is embarking on an exciting journey and is rcruiting for a Head of Partnerships (Insurance) - Multi Finance job for their Indonesian business. Working directly with the leadership team, you will play a key part in developing their multi-finance business and digital partnerships.
Salary: Competitive PackageLocation: JakartaDate posted: 08 February 2023An excellent Head of Compliance job has just become available at an pioneer financial technology (banking) company in Jakarta, Indonesia.
Salary: Competitive PackageLocation: JakartaDate posted: 14 February 2023A large insurance company is seeking a Head of IT Security & Governance to join their team in Jakarta. Reporting to the regional Group CISO, you would have full responsibility for the security and governance of the Indonesia business.